1.23

Hera once again stirred awake, her dream clouding with the alpha all along.

She reached for a warm body beside her, but all she could feel was an obvious bunch of pillows. Snapping her eyes open, she gasped and slowly sat up, seeing herself in a blue pajama pair.

Hera was about to cry when she thought that Jaemin had left her, but she also remembered that she never wore pajamas during her heat cycle.

It's surely Jaemin, and the remains of his scent swarming around her room became strong evidence.

So with a smile, she tried her hardest to set her feet down on the bed and stand up. Momentarily wincing because of the pain down there, Hera's smile never faded until she managed to walk out of her room and completely forgot to check her face and fix her hair.

"Jaemin?" the omega called out, her voice almost soft yet immediately reaching the kitchen diner, causing the said alpha to snap behind him.

"Baby, why did you stand up?" he scolded and rushed in her direction, completely forgetting the existence of the omega's parents that were just seated across him, the pet name that casually escaped on his lips, leaving them in shock. "I shouldn't left you alone," he grumbled, but was responded to with a chuckle.

"Nana, I'm okay~" she cooed and pinched his cheek, giggling at how soft and squishy it is.

While Jaemin is mentally hyperventilating about his new nickname, the parents can't help but smile at the perfect view in front of them.

"Jaemin's nice, though," Heeyoung said, looking up to her husband.

"Yeah. I don't know why Jaehyun is so stressed about it."

"The kids just started poorly, I must say. And maybe Jaemin had a strong confidence, but it was normal for an alpha, pure blood as that," she shrugged as the said pair's laughs filled her ears, almost making her coo. "I can feel that he's really nice. Would you be okay with him, though?"

Jinwoo's smile only grew wider when her daughter's happy pheromones reached his direction.

Unsaid, yet his action is enough for Heeyoung to understand his reply.

Seeing Jaemin bravely come down and apologize hundreds of times makes them think that all of Jaehyun's accusations aren't true. The kids just really started in the wrong way, and the young male just exhibited the normal character of the usual alpha.

Sighing, Jinwoo reached for his wife's hand and held it tightly. "I just hope that Hera's omega didn't choose the wrong one."

◇◆

"You never called!" Haechan whined and sulked at the end of the sofa, his arms crossing and his brows creasing.

They are at Jung's living room, and Haechan insists on paying a visit that late afternoon without a warning, dragging another omega with him. He's just thankful that his ass is always welcome in the household, even if he'll come naked.

Yangyang just smiled sheepishly and hopped beside the female omega, completely ignoring the protective pureblood alpha that's growling at her other side whenever he gets closer.

"Tell me what happened."

Hera's face flushed, and she purposely looked away from the alpha. She hit the male omega's arm and grumbled, "Stop it."

"Oh, come on, did he go rough on you? Did he use protection?" he then gasped out loud and squinted his eyes at the alpha. "Did you mark her?" Haechan asked as seriously as possible.

"I didn't," the alpha replied through gritted teeth, pulling his omega closer to him until her back was against his chest.

Hera yelled at the force and just smiled apologetically at the male omega beside her.

"Seriously, guys, I'm fine. Jaemin did take care of me."

The said alpha then raised his brow at the two, quite prouder than ever.

Haechan rolled his eyes and shamelessly kicked him away, stealing his spot beside the female, and now she was sandwiched between the two male omegas.

"She's mine!" the alpha growled and continuously hit the tanned male's arms.

"Hit me again, and I'll castrate you Oh no, you didn't."

Jaemin shrieked when Haechan suddenly pounced on him, hitting his head and pulling his hair without a pause.

While the other male omega is taking the position as a commentator, the female just stayed with a big laugh.

Passing her peripheral vision is the familiar form of her brother, making her snap at the direction almost instantly.

Usually, he will call her out sweetly and land a kiss on her head, yet it was the complete opposite, making the omega gulp.

Jaehyun has his hair down messily, a deep cut on his cheekbone, and a busted lip. His piercing glare landed on the omega for a second before he disappeared behind the walls and pillars, his footsteps fading through the staircase.

And for once, Hera felt a deep fear towards her brother.

"Hera? Baby, are you alright?" Jaemin reached out for her cheeks, able to feel her scared pheromones. That was also the reason why the tanned omega spared him.

"Hera, I didn't mean to hit your alpha if that's what you've been scared of," Haechan said in a small voice, yet throwing a glare at the said alpha.

Not wanting to worry them more, Hera managed to force a smile and shook her head. "No, I just felt tired, and I had a nightmare last night, so..."

"Aww, baby, don't be scared," Yangyang cooed and enveloped her in a hug, the omega almost leaning into his comforting pheromones.

"Tch, she's my baby."

"Oh, shut up, Na."