Chapter 26

The first thing that I notice when I wake up is that it's early in the morning. The second thing that I realize is that the bruise on my wrist has darkened into a deep blackish-purple, with spidering lightning streaks of color seeping around my skin. It looked ghastly, like those scenes in sci-fi movies where one of the characters have been hit by some sort of futuristic arrow...

I shake my head quickly, panicking slightly.

What... what was happening?

I flex my wrist, feeling no pain at all. It still clicked, but this time, it felt more like a shift in my bones. Am I going to turn into an alien?? I bite my lip hard, before stumbling off of my bed.

I trip over the covers but catch myself before I fall and rush to the bathroom, checking my face. I patted my cheeks, nose, and ears, letting out a sigh of relief when familiar old me showed up in the reflection. Calm down, calm down, Mia.

Think.

I grab my toothbrush and start my morning routine, possibly an hour earlier than Ares was set to get me every morning.

That gave me an hour to figure all of this out. Shit, what even is all of this?

Stop asking questions that don't help, Mia, gosh.

I run a comb through my hair. Okay, so I do know that the bruises started off as regular old bruises. Something must've affected them and turned them into his. I don't concentrate on my wrist, gulping hard whenever it appeared in the mirror.

Next, I know that I can't tell Ares about it. Knowing him, he'll probably storm out of Olympus and toss Keith off of a cliff with cinderblocks tied to his ankles.

Not that I don't think he deserves some inconveniences, but killing him just seems to be... overdoing it. Sure, I didn't like him, but it didn't mean I wanted him dead—why am I getting off track?

I step out of the bathroom, finding a notepad and a pen from my bag. I need someone who knows more about this than I do.

I click my pen.

'I'm meeting with Eros for the day. Sorry for not telling you before. No, I am not kidnapped.

Say hi to Oliver for me.'

I make sure to add the last sentence, before leaving it on the center of my bed. By mentioning Oliver, it proved that it was in fact me writing the note, not some crazy being who wanted me six feet under.

I crack my door open, poking my head out. I glance left and right, as if I were about to walk out onto a street before actually leaving.

Where was Eros's part of Olympus again? Oh, yeah, that way.

- - -

I knock on the door, standing there awkwardly. The hoodie that I had pulled on from before was oversized, adequately covering up both my arms. Nothing happens. I knock again.

The door yanks open with such force I jolt back, surprised.

"—dammit, did you really get that fucked up that you couldn't eve—" We stare at each other with wide eyes.

It wasn't Eros, but the God of the Sun. And he was half-naked. Apollo's entire torso, toned with literal washboard abs, was revealed, boxing shorts riding low on his hips. His hair was slightly ruffled and his eyes seemed a bit... dull.

I sputter, turn bright red, and cover my eyes. "Sorry, sorry, I-uh-you—"

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.

He closes the door on me. I stand there, dumbfounded. I just saw Apollo's abs, what in the literal shit.

The door opens once more to a fully clothed, sheepish Apollo. "Sorry about that, uhm," He rubs the back of his neck.