Chapter 3; I'm not afraid of you!

Sweet Addiction.

Chapter 3; I'm not afraid of you.

"Guys, meet my new friend, Vanessa." Elena introduces me to three girls and two guys

"Hey, I'm Trina." A blonde haired brown eyes girl introduces herself. I smile at her and introduce myself too.

I am introduced to the rest of the group. There is Lyndsey, a red head same height as me and very cheery. Trevor, the quiet one who I've noticed always has his eyes on Lyndsey and there is Jonathan, the flirty guy. Trina, Lyndsey and Elena have been best friends since first grade, Trevor is Elena's brother and Jonathan is their eleventh grade friend who also the 'a-hole' of the group as Elena likes to call it.

"Hi Vanessa, can i call you Van?" Trina asks and i smile at her.

"Sure." I say as i look down at my plate. I got myself a sandwich and a bottle of water. I dont think ill be eating this sandwich or any meal from this cafeteria.

I feel like this food is kept for a week then served to students.

Now that i look around, no one is eating the cafeteria food maybe just water, but everyone seems to have packed their own snacks.

I take a mental note to always pack my lunch. I push the tray away from me and plop my arms on the table as i listen to my new friends' conversation.

"Dude, how on earth would you even fuck Barney?" Elena says pulling at the ends of her hair.

Well, what an uninteresting conversation to listen to!

"Why would you even think about that?" Trina scrunches up her nose in disgust.

"I dont know. When life throws you lemonades, you make tequila." Jonathan shrugs.

Wait, i thought you make lemonades.

"For crying out loud, He is a fictional character in a purple suit who is supposed to entert-"

"Wait what?!" I cut off Lyndsey with a loud gasp escaping my lips. All eyes on the table turn to me, amusement and confusion on some of their faces.

"Are you guys talking about Barney? Like Barney from Barney and friends?" I ask, silently praying the answer is no.

"Of course not." Jonathan says, a slight smirk spread across his lips. A breath of relief washes over me but his next words have me almost puking.

"We are talking about Barney and friends from PBS." He explains with a proud smirk which i wish i would smack off.

Euuuu.....why would anyone want to do that to poor Barney? The guy is innocent and i have no doubt he is going to heaven.

"You are sick." I scowl at Jonathan who winks at me and drapes his arm around my shoulder. I shrug it off as i turn to glare at him.

"So Van, what's up with you and Mr. Hotstuff." Lyndsey asks.

"Who?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows. I have met a lot of 'Mr. Hotstuffs' lately so who exactly does she mean?

Euu, that sounded completely wrong.

"Dont play that clueless chica. Im talking about Kyle Storm." She explains and i sigh.

"We were friends but now we are not." I explain sadly. I dont know what is up with him.

First, he all acts nice, well not exactly, but he introduces himself and warns me to be careful and kisses my cheek then he is a completely different guy who is mean.