Chapter 8: Dwarves

Sweet Addiction

Chapter 8; Dwarves

I snuggle into the comfort of my covers as i replay today's events over and over for the third time.

I had a lot of fun today with Kyle, actually fun would be an understatement. I was happy and i felt free, actually thats how i always feel when I'm around him.

After cleaning ourselves in the jacuzzi, we headed upstairs to change but on the way, we met abuela who kept teasing us zbout how we got ourselves, 'wet'. I was so embarassed and my face was a deep shade of purple. Kyle just scowled at her. For a woman her age, she sure has a dirty mind of a teenager.

Kyle got me dressed up in his big shirt and some big shorts which i had to fold so that they wouldnt fall. When i got out of the bathroom, Kyle had already brought me dinner and my heart was all over the place.

He fed me abuela's amazing pasta and also fed me water. I felt so special that he was doing this for me. I also decided to feed him and he didnt refuse like the last time.

What got to me this time was the quiet moment when we fed each other and the intensity of each other's gaze. There was also this magnetic force pulling me to him and being with each other at the moment felt so right.

A loud knock on my door cuts my thoughts and i already know who it is. Thank God, i remembered to lock the door today. She keeps hitting the door and i hear glass shattering on the floor behind my door.

"You stupid bitch! Bring him back. Why did you have to take him away?" She shouts and i hear her break down at the end in a sob.

"I'm sorry." I whisper in a low tone as a tear escapes my eye. Its all my fault, why did i have to be so selfish that day?

"Hannah? What are you doing?" I hear dad's voice. I stay in my covers snuggling deeper into them.

"She is the reason for every bad thing in our lives." Mam sneers hitting on my bedroom door. My heart starts to hammer against my chest.

Oh God!

"Come with me, Hannah." Dad says and i hear silence after that. I spend the rest of the night with my eyes wide awake and fear and anxiety course through me, making me lose sleep.

I get out of bed earlier than usual. I check the time and its 5;00am. I shower, brush my teeth, pee and dress up in a pair of high waisted blue jeans and my grey big hoodie.

I go downstairs with my phone and my car keys and prepare myself a cup of coffee. I know i wont be able to stay awake throughout the whole day so i might just take a jug of coffee to keep me alive.

After breakfast, i decide to walk to school. Its still early but the journey to school is long so i might even reach before school starts. The last time i walked this long was when i was walking with Kyle to his home.

I continue walking admiring the beautiful homes and the gardens of flowers and palm trees in their background. The birds have started chirping and the rays of sun flicker through the blue sky. Truly beautiful.

I dont know what happened after dad took away mam, i dont think i want to know what happens with mam anymore. She has decided to forget about me and doesnt care about me any more.

Drunk words are sober thoughts. Every single thing she was telling me was true, its what she thinks about every time she is sober. Seeing her sober is very rare. When she actually is sober, she will be the best mother anyone can think about; sweet, caring and a mother.

I know she is grieving about the loss, but does she need to turn to alcohol and take anti-depressants? She can talk to me or dad or a therapist.

She blames me for the death and i get it. It is my fault. I was selfish and mean. Ill never be able to forgive myself for that. I took someone else's life.