Chapter 12 - 2014 Weak

The best friends came up with the routine of strolling around Busan. They love going for picnics or hanging out at the beach during weekends sometimes Irene's mom would join them. And Either Irene or Lisa would also hang out at Irene's house or at Lisa's dorm that the security guards already knew they are best friends and allows Irene to go there anytime.

They're now in their sophomore years. Joy started to become popular by throwing huge parties weekly. She did try to get closer to Lisa but Irene always blocks her chance for some reason. Though she shared the same subjects with Lisa she already put on her mind that the blond girl is off-limits. They do rarely have interactions unless during Chemistry class since they are lab partners. Lisa's always the aloof one and would only talk when needed. At the back of Joy's mind, Lisa is someone she should be hanging with. Not only she's smart she's equally popular without exerting any effort.

Everything's going perfectly with regards to Lisa's academics. She's literally focused on getting good grades to make her parents proud. And in terms of her health, she would just felt tired occasionally. Irene got more suitors as years go by and Lisa got a fair share of suitors too but never bothers to mingle.

Diana her cousin is just around to keep an eye on Lisa but not to an extent she would invade her cousin's privacy. They occasionally hang out too when both are not busy.

Chem Lab

"Hey, Joy wait up," Lisa called Joy. "This is the research paper. I am sorry I am not really into science. Are you sure it is okay for you to work on this project alone?" She asked a bit worried.

"Uh yeah, Lisa no problem. I don't look smart but I am actually a genius in Science, it's my forte." Joy gave her a reassuring smile. "Besides you have the upcoming competition with the Mua Thai team, right?"

Lisa snorted out and got a bit shy with Joy's warmness. She does not have a decent interaction with anyone aside from Irene. One close friend is enough. She would only hurt them when she leaves. Most of the time Joy and her would act like strangers. But she considers her as a good friend. "Yeah, but I am skipping my training recently because the university physician wanted me to complete my physical assessment first."

"Is there something going on? You never failed to attend the training as well as the competition." Joy asked because she knew those things. She and Irene watch Lisa's game.

"Just a few slightly broken bones but everything's healing," Lisa answered casually. She didn't want Joy to open about this topic with Irene knowing the two are close friends.

"Hey, are you sure about that? You should really go and see a doctor. I can accompany you if you are worried about going alone. Or Irene can go with you." Joy suggested.

"Nuh, please do not be bothered with just minor things. I am all good, Joy."

"Hmmmm, does Irene knows about this? I think she does not even have a clue about this, right?" Joy was scrutinizing Lisa. She felt Lisa is hiding something.

"Uh, uhmm well. She does not need to know everything. But really, Joy, I appreciate your growing concern and fondness of me." She low-key teased her friend.

"Yah! It's not that." Joy felt caught off guard. "Okay, fine. I've been crushing on you since day one. Not that I am gay. Just a crush, no biggies, Lisayah. But as much as I wanted to become closer to you well your best friend aka your Baechu always blocks my way. Imagine we are even friends before she met you. Sometimes she's being overrated when it comes to you. I almost thought Irene has feelings for you more than a friend. But I know for sure she's straight." Joy chuckled remembering those silly thoughts she had.