Chapter 34 - The Last Letter

"Hi, this is Seulgi, I am out. Kindly leave a message if this is important. I'll call back."

IRENE

It's weird that Seulgi seemed to be avoiding my calls. I was just trying to check if she's okay. She haven't sent me a message after leaving my party. Did I scare her?

*MESSAGE FROM DR. KIM, HC

Hey, Lisa's parents are in town and they would like to meet you personally.
Could you make some time before going back to Busan?
_____________________________________

Replied:

Sure, Dr. Kim would love to meet Lisa's parents too. I am not busy anyway.

_____________________________________

*MESSAGE FROM DR. KIM, HC

Cool, I'll pick you up then. I believe Seulgi would be there. Something you should look forward. 😂

_____________________________________

Replied:

Don't start with me, Doc. Alright, I'll keep that in mind.

***

Joy and Yeri were preparing to go for a shopping spree. I declined due to I wanted to visit Lisa first.

"You sure you don't want to go with us, unnie?" Yeri asked.

"Come on, Yeri. She's not coming. And She couldn't visit Lisa anytime when she's in Busan. Let her be."

I mouthed thank you to Joy. She understood my situation pretty much. I can only go to Seoul during occasions. Dr. Kim still does not want me to travel alone. And mom can't always accompany me when I wanted to visit Lisa. So I would rely with Joy to come and pick me up from the train station.

I went straight to the flower shop to get the freshest pink roses and asked them to decorate it nicely. From afar I could see a figure of a woman standing in front of the gravestone. I smiled as I slowly walked towards Seulgi.

It wasn't what I expected. She was so messed up. Her eyes were swollen and tired. "Seulgi?" I called her to confirm it was really her. She didn't look at me but lowered her head. She fixed her eyes on the ground. "What's going on?"
I could smell the alcohol and cigarette from her. I didn't know this side of her.
"Seulgi, you can talk to me. I've been trying to reach you. Did I say something wrong that upset you?"

"I just came here to say to this brat that I hate her so much. I don't appreciate what she did for me and I just hate her for everything." Seulgi was angry and I was confused why would she hate Lisa that much?

"You are not serious, right? You love Lisa like a real sister. What happened? Why are you being like this, Seulgi?" I was trying to reach her but she distanced herself.

"I don't know Irene. I am just not please to know what she sacrificed for me. I am ungrateful and undeserving. I guess, I should also take back my promise. I don't like to be associated to any of Lisa's friends. I'm sorry."

"What do you mean, Seulgi? I thought we're friends. Are you going to leave me just like Lisa?" I panicked maybe I did something wrong. I couldn't lose her too. I followed her.