Chapter 27 - A Night with a Stranger

Irene had been true to her words which made Seulgi very glad because she didn't imagine herself getting lost during the festival. They tried different foods, she of course treated Irene. She kinda felt like she's dating a stranger that seemed to be familiar to her. As if she met her in her past life already. They were just enjoying each other's company. She was itching to take a snap of Irene because she was so mesmerized by her beauty. She of course did not dare to do it knowing Irene would go ballistic again just like earlier at the university's garden. But of course, Seulgi was all honest that it was the scenery she took photos with.

"You know what I don't remember going out like this. The funny thing about this night is I am with a total stranger. I knew nothing about you but I am so grateful that you stay with me and tour me around." Seulgi talked as she handed a popcorn to Irene.

"Same here. The last time I went here was with the person I secretly love. It's funny that I confessed a little too late." There was traced of regrets and sadness in Irene's voice which Seulgi didn't miss to notice. "But anyway, we still have a lot of time to check other stuff. Do you love to watch movies? We have a small movie house here. They play short films as well."

"Whoa, for real? then don't eat this yet." Seulgi took the popcorn away from Irene. "Let's save it later for the movie.

Irene didn't complain and just led Seulgi to a traditional house. Seulgi looked scared and at the same time thrilled. "We are here." She announced.

Not in her wildest dream, she would imagine herself exploring Busan like this. Why didn't she visit Lisa before? She missed the fun. No wonder Lisa considered Busan as a place to stay until she left everyone for good.

"Are you sure about this place, Irene? It seems like no one is even around?"

"Because we are the only people here, Most of the town people would rather gather at the plaza during this hour. Come on, don't  tell me you are chicken out? I will show you around. Put your payment over there." Irene instructed Seulgi to leave the payment on the glass jar. "Make sure to pay the exact amount. No one's going to give you a change."

Seulgi understood and put the exact amount. Her eyes roomed around. At first glance, you would feel like she was inside a horror house fortunately  her eyes adjusted already. She was able to appreciate the antiques inside the house. Her eyes caught a dresser where Irene stopped to fix her hair. "Hey, Irene stay right there, will you allow me to take photos of you? You'll be perfect as my subject." She gathered her courage to ask permission from Irene. She didn't want to freak her out. Because earlier the latter thought she was stealing photos.

"Sure, how should I pose then?"

"Just do anything naturally. You can close your eyes to avoid the flash of the camera. Just be comfortable. I'll just take as many as I can. Don't worry I promise to take nice photos of you."

"Would you give me copies too?"

"Well, I can send them to you once I have them printed out when I got back in Seoul. I still have three days of leave. You may write down your address later."