Chapter 7 - 2012 Enrollment

The two went together to the university to take the entrance exam.

"Lili," Irene clung to Lisa's arm comfortably like she was born to be doing it with her. "Please be there once you're done with your exam." She reminded her.

"Yaaah!! You don't have to remind me every minute. Aissssh." Lisa couldn't count how many times Irene reminded her about their agreement.

"This is just so you won't forget it."

The two started to bicker when a girl called Irene excitedly. "Bae Joohyun!!!? Oh my God.  I can't believe you really are here Irene! Are you going to enroll here too?" A girl asked excitedly as she saw Irene walking from afar.

"Sooyoung!!!! Yah! Park Sooyoung!!" They both jumped like excited kids and Lisa just observed them. 

"Irene!"

"Joy! Joy!"

"It's really you!"

"Gosh, how did you get so taller?" Irene tried to calculate her friend's height and compared it with her then to Lisa.

"Oh, you've got a company?" Joy looked at Lisa from head to foot. "Who is she?" She unconsciously flipped her hair.

"Joy, this is my new friend Lalisa Manoban, Lisa this is my grade school friend Park Sooyoung but she prefers to be called Joy."

"Hi, just call me Lisa." She extended her hand to Joy and the tall girl gladly accepted it. "Glad this little bunny has a friend."

"I actually transferred that's why we haven't seen each other for too long. I thought Irene's going to enroll in Seoul so this is unexpected." Joy explained without removing her eyes to Lisa.

"What made you think I'll do that? Anyway, we are going to be late. Come on Joy, just join us. Come on, come on!" Irene invited.

"Alright, let's nail the exam and the interview!!!" Joy encouraged the two other girls.

Joy kept stealing glances at Lisa which Irene immediately noticed. "Yah, what is wrong with you? You might melt my Lili."

"Your Lili? Are you a thing?" Joy confusedly asked.

"What thing?" Irene asked. Lisa was trying to suppress her laughter she knew what Joy was trying to point out.

Joy was fidgeting like an innocent girl in front of Lisa and Irene.

"Yaaaah, spill whatever is on your mind." Irene grew impatient. She didn't get what Joy meant by the term a thing.

"Are you guys dating?" Joy asked shyly. She knew Irene is not that fond of being surrounded by boys but she seemed straighter than any poles when they were in grade school.

Lisa got choked as if there was a big lump stuck on her throat while Irene's eyes grew bigger. "What are you saying? We are not. Don't make her feel uncomfortable Joy." While Irene turned red.

"Oh my bad, sorry Lis." Joy apologized.

"Don't worry, I am good, Joy," Lisa assured the tall girl.

"By any chance, Lisa did you find someone here in Kyungsung U interesting that's why you chose to enroll here?" Joy slowly tucked her hair behind her ear. Lisa answered looking at Irene like being hypnotized by her beauty then averted her gaze back to Joy.

"Really Joy? What kind of question is that?" Irene butted in. She didn't like what Joy was doing in front of Lisa. She felt like Joy had some hidden motives. She also wondered why was she being overprotective of Lisa.

"Well there are lots of good-looking and pretty students here, so yes. That inspires me to go to school every day." Lisa tried to sound not so serious.

"Yahhh! Yah! Joy we are not here to flirt. Stop influencing Lili."

"Aish, you are no fun. Anyway, Lisal you know just in case you wanted to hang out just get my number from Irene. I plan to throw a lot of college parties in the future."

"Sure, I'll just ask from her," Lisa said.

"Aigoo, the two of you quit dreaming of having party lives. Let's go." Irene didn't like that her friends are talking about college parties when they are not yet officially enrolled.

Both Lisa and Irene were oblivious that Joy was low-key flirting. They went to their respective rooms to take the test. Little did Lisa know Joy and her are going to have the same course.

While Irene proceeded to take her exams too without any sweat.

"Hey, Lis," Joy called Lisa's attention after the stressful exam. "Let's get going. Are you not going to take the interview?"

"I will just do it later. I have something important to do. Good luck with your interview, Joy. Aja." Lisa immediately took off.

Irene took a deep breath and walked back and forth in the hallway. She was checking the other end of the hallway if Lisa's already around. She felt sad that probably Lisa just made up a story to encourage her but she won't be coming after all. She stared down at her shoes, contemplating if she should go or not. She heard some quick footsteps but was too occupied about her fear of taking the interview.

A hand reached for her chin and guided her to look up. She was not expecting Lisa would still come. "Hey, what's with the long face? Stop sulking and go take the interview." She was obviously out of breath since she ran a couple of blocks away from her designated building. She gave Irene a big smile.

"You're here." Irene's eyes sparked seeing Lisa in front of her.

"Sorry, I have trouble answering a few questions so it took me long." She lied, she actually finds the entrance exam too easy for her but the distance between their buildings is really far so she needed to sprint like a crazy road runner. "I promise to be here, right? Now, you need to do your part. Go and nail that interview so you'll be able to make your Mom proud of you." Lisa pushed Irene gently to the room. "Fighting!"

"Yes, I will. Thank you for coming, Lili. Don't worry we will both get in." Irene flashed a huge smile. Just seeing Lisa made her spirit high already. She was so determined to get in.

"I am just here, okay? Take your time and be clear with your answer. You can do it." Lisa encouraged.

Irene smiled hearing those words from her. She proceeded towards the door. Lisa went to look for the waiting area not knowing Irene ran back to her. She got surprised when someone hugged her from the back. "Thank you so much, Lili. I will make it that's a promise!"

Lisa was about to face Irene but the small girl retreated and ran to the interview room. She only shook her head. She felt so accomplished just being there for Irene. She wondered why she felt that way. Maybe she's just overwhelmed.

While Irene's inside the room for the interview, Lisa couldn't help herself but get anxious so she would check the window from time to time. She was relieved seeing Irene so relaxed while talking to the interviewers. It's funny that she was more nervous compared to Irene.