Chapter 31 - The Parcel

Third Person's POV

Flashback

"Hyung!" She kept begging him. She did everything just to convince him but he was not brazen by anything.

"It's a no for me, Sorry. And please stop calling me hyung. Call me oppa instead. Oppa, Oppa!"

"But I am your little brother?" She protested.

He raised his eyebrow. "Look this will put me in a big trouble. Your parents would kill me for sure."

"You just needed to submit this. I'll take care of the rest. I wanted this to be arranged accordingly. Please you're the only person I can trust with this."

"Kiddo, you can't be serious, right? If anything happens to you then, God." He paused and weight his every words. "I don't even know why should we discuss this? Kid, you know I am about to get assigned to a different location. How can I do this request? It's impossible. And I still don't approve this plan. N-E-V-E-R. You heard that? Never!"

"I have another friend. She knows everything. She'll help us." She grinned. "I can send you a helicopter if you need a ride, Hyung." She was willing to beg on her knees.

He looked at her. He could sense that she was dead serious and all he felt was pity. There are things that money can't really buy. But for someone like her she would do anything to ensure her plans will work. He had so much respect for her family and he owed them big time. He couldn't believe he'll have the kind of predicament. But he couldn't turn a blind eye about her special request.

Present...

Though her birthday is few days away  Irene would need to go to Seoul early so she can see Lisa on her special day. She picked and arranged the flowers herself. Her mom couldn't come with her due to her on going back pain.

It was such a very pleasant sunny morning when Irene arrived at the cemetery. As usual she cleaned up and settled the fresh flowers she brought with her.

"Hi, Love." Irene cheerfully greeted Lisa. "I wonder why you are no longer showing up even in my dreams? Did I do something wrong?" She opened one bottle of soju and poured it on the glass. "I know you're not a drinker and I still wonder why you made this odd request as if you'll be able to drink it." She squatted and picked the unwanted grass growing on Lisa's grave.

"Did you know I met someone who shared the same energy like you? She's not from Busan and she acts just like you. I wonder if she's someone from Gangnam-gu. You know where elite people live."

"I actually like her as a friend. It feels like you're just around when she's with me. I know it's crazy that after all these years I just decided to celebrate my birthday here. So I'll be staying here until my birthday. Her name is Seulgi and I also invited her. It's the first time I would be celebrating my birthday after you've gone. I'm kinda nervous because we're not really close. Joy and Yeri are getting intrigued to know her as well. As if something is going on. It's not really a big deal. I am just making new friends and trying to blend in to the society."

Irene continued to talk to Lisa as if she can be heard when suddenly someone called her.

"Irene?"

She turned around only to get surprised to see unexpected person. Seulgi looked like a panda with her obvious pair of eye bags. She wasn't able to get enough sleep because of Irene's invitation but she needed to see Lisa on her birthday so she still got up early. But didn't really arrive early. She went to the mall first to buy  her new friend a gift but took some time to decide if it was appropriate for the occasion. She didn't want to be obvious so she chose something elegant but not too extravagant. A white gold bracelet that would compliment Irene's complexion. Upon seeing Irene she shared the same reaction. She couldn't help but to be amused of the coincidence.