Chapter 5 - 2012 Break Up

Summer made Lisa's mindset change to a different perspective.

She would enroll at Kyungsung U as Suho suggested. Because she remembered Irene will study at the same university. So she would possibly meet either one of them. She also wanted to see familiar faces at the campus but she won't be making any friends.

Lisa got startled when somebody yelled at her. She was busy picking up and transferring the boxes full of her stuff. She figured moving to a different location wasn't as easy as traveling. Some of her stuff was delivered from Seoul. She told her mom she would just buy a new study desk in Busan central. She knew that voice and ignored the person. She needed to bring those stuff to her dorm.

"Yah, why didn't you ask me to help you? Where's your family?" Irene purposely blocked Lisa so they would be facing each other. She hates how Lisa would ignore her.

"They live in Seoul. And I am okay, I will be staying at the dorm anyways." She tried to ignore Irene again. And slowly lifted the box. She remembered her mom reminded her not to lift heavy things and should hire someone to help them to be put inside her room.

"Dorm? But that would make you lonely. You don't have to be always alone. Are all of these yours?" Irene wondered why Lisa has so much stuff when she's going to live in a dorm? She thought maybe those are full of fancy clothes from Seoul.

"Look, Ms. Bae, I am kinda busy here and I'm good to be alone. Besides we are not still close. Why would I ask for your help?" Lisa did her best not to snap at her. She didn't want anyone's help.

Irene snatched the box from Lisa because it seemed heavy. "Aigoo, what are these for? What's inside this box? Why it is so heavy huh?"

"It's none of your business." She grabbed back the box from Irene. Those boxes were Lisa's medicine consumptions for the entire school year. "Don't bother me, I am good."

"I'll help, I am not busy. And I wanted to experience living in a dorm too. Give me your spare key, okay?" Irene winked at her.

"Nuh? Please you are really making my head hurt. You are so chatty. Ms. Bae." She was desperate to shoo Irene away. "She hasn't met anyone so persistent like Irene whose real name is Miss Pester.

"I told you I can be your friend. You have no one here and some students might bully you since you are a foreigner." Irene was being concerned knowing Lisa lives alone.

"Gosh, I don't need a friend right now. I have a set of friends in Seoul."  She didn't need to be nice or friendly especially to Irene. 

"Nope, you need me." Irene seemed to be convincing herself but not Lisa.

"Sorry, I don't. I am better left alone. Just go home, Ms. Bae. Your parents must be looking for you." Lisa was so done with her.

"By the way, I told my mom about you and she's worried because she knows you are living alone. She wants to meet you. Uhm would you like to hang us with me and meet my Mom?" Irene was fidgeting while waiting for Lisa's answer.

"Aish, please just leave me alone. I am really better off alone." Lisa didn't know what to do to shoo Irene away. She would just pop up anywhere.

Irene immediately get something from her bag and tore a page in her notebook. She wrote her home address. "This is the address if you change your mind. Please come." She put it inside Lisa's backpack. 

"Hey, hey what are you doing?" She tried to stop Irene.

"Okay, I'm off. I'll ask the guard for your room number."

"What? No. You can't trespass. It's against the dorm's rules."

"Bye Manoban. See you tomorrow. Let's go to the university and apply together." She pinched Lisa's cheeks and blew her a flying kiss. Irene kind of overheard Suho and Lisa's conversation about checking universities in Busan. She's also targeting Kyungsung University.