Chapter 18 - Joy's Party

Joy always throws college parties thinking graduation day is a few months away. For once Lisa agreed to it so she can enjoy it with Irene. It's a dreading day for Lisa because she knew somehow Jinyoung would be asking Irene to become his official girlfriend sooner or later and she would be left alone watching the fireworks.

Lisa couldn't imagine herself partying hard knowing her limitations. Everything seemed to be perfect. Lisa found some new faces at the party. She let Irene hangs out with her friends and tried to make herself busy.

"Hey," A small girl half yelling because of the background music. Lisa couldn't hear her. "Hey, the girl with chop bangs!" She has some accent when she speaks in Hangul.

Lisa turned around. She had the feeling she was the one being referred by the girl. She's the only one with chop bangs. "Excuse me, are you calling me?" She looked at the girl's attire. It made Lisa a bit uncomfortable for the girl. Everything about her screams foreign except for her face which is the standard beauty for a Korean. But not as close as Irene's ethereal beauty. Simplicity is the best for Lisa.

"What's your name hottie?" She asked that made Lisa taken aback a bit. She had never met someone this bold.

"I'm Lisa, I am majo-" She was not able to tell from what department she is from.

"It's Jennie from College of Arts. I'm sure you heard of my name from time to time at the campus. So you're the other famous girl, right?"

Lisa almost threw her head as she laughed so hard about what just she heard. First, she never hears that name. Second, she's not famous.

"What's funny hotshot?"

"Nothing but well yeah my name is Lisa. You seemed to have taken too much alcohol on your system. You should stop or call your friends to help you."

"You know, rumors are true. I already like you. I just broke up with my idiot boyfriend. Maybe you're the one." She's flirting with Lisa and anyone could read between the line except the tall girl.

Jennie is about to hug Lisa but the tall girl immediately blocked her. "You're drunk. Go home." She looked around and saw Irene with a dark expression. She's talking with Yeri and Joy. But her best friend ignored her presence like she did something wrong. She felt like she needed to get away from Jennie who's nothing but trouble.

"You smell so good. Why I just met you here? I've been going to Joy's party. Where have you been all these years?" Jennie was clearly not on her right mind due to the alcohol. She's trying to reach Lisa's face so she could kiss her but Lisa has been restraining her to do something inappropriate. Lisa was getting so conscious each minute that passed by because she hates being in a crowded place. Which is her main reason for not being fond of going to parties like this.

A tall guy approached Jennie, "Hey, what are you doing, Jennie? Come on let me take you home." He gently held Jennie's shoulder to steady her. Then apologized to Lisa. "Sorry if she's bothering you. I will take care of this drunk girl. She's my girlfriend."

"NO! We're over Kai. I want to go home with this pretty handsome Lady." Jennie tried to stand properly but her knees are failing her.

"Come on, you're ruining this party for everyone. You are making a scene here." Kai remained calm.

Lisa does not trust people easily. She's someone with trust issues to strangers especially upon hearing Jennie just declined Kai flatly. She's worried though she didn't know them personally.

"She said she doesn't want to go home with you." She reiterated this to Kai though she hated to put her nose to other people's business. But it didn't sit well for her when someone is being forced to go with a person. Kai didn't get consent from the drunk girl. It would normal for Lisa to act protectively to the innocent girl.