X

Isabella Touche

When Anna and Elijah came in and sat with Adrian and me for breakfast in the Great Hall, we were pleased. They were hand in hand, Anna with a contented smile on her face and Elijah with a smirk on his mouth.

"Hello lovebirds", I teased, "or should I say sex-birds", I laughed as Anna sat next to me and gave me a smack on the head. I rubbed my head where she had hit me, "All you two do is shag", I mocked once again. When she tried for a new smack on my head, I flinched away. 

"Jealous", Elijah mockingly muttered under his breath, I sarcastically laughed, "Ha. Ha. Ha", but then I gave him a genuine smile but he only threw a green apple at me but I luckily cathed it. 

"Thanks", I murmured after taking a good bite out of it. "No, thank you", a dark voice said and snatched my apple out of my skinny fingers, I heard a bite be taken of it. A big and cold body sat down next to me. "Hello, ladies...and you mates", Blaise said and sat next to Adrian across the table.

I looked over at Draco beside me, a look of annoyance as he took another bite of my apple. "Draco, that was mine!", I said before sending a fist into his stomach, making him almost wince. I don't think it hurt but that he was caught off guard. 

"Draco, give that to her. She is barely getting anything else down", Adrian said, staring at Draco, his smile had disappeared.

Draco's smirk turned dark, his lips became a thin line.

The others had started a conversation, discussing Anna and Elijah's sex life. Blaise didn't look like he liked it at all but then Enzo walked over from the Gryffindor table and helped them change the subject to Enzo's sex life. 

"You are not eating?", Draco came closer to me and whispered. I almost flinched away from his closeness. 

"Get. Up", he stood up and grabbed some toast and one cup of black coffee he had poured when he sat down earlier.

"And why should I listen to you?", I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest, looking up at him from the bench. 

"Get up and you'll find out", he said through his gritted teeth. 

"Only because I am curious", I said as I stood up, he had already walked out of the Great Hall when I followed him. I caught sight of his robe turn to the dungeons and followed. He was leaning to a wall, with one foot leaning on the wall as well.

"Walk faster", he said and pushed his foot away from the wall to give him a push and started to walk.

"No," I said as I slowed my pace. With a frustrated sigh, he came to a halt and waited for me. We walked side by side to the abandoned bathroom, and he led the way. We sat there and talked about everything and nothing at the same time. His proximity compelled me to eat once more; my appetite had returned. I'd eat as he talked and led the conversation.

Every morning I would meet him in the bathroom, I would eat breakfast, and he would drink his black coffee.

-

Our friend group had become more unified, and Adrian was both a part of it and not. Draco didn't speak to me even when we were alone, giving me the feeling that he was humiliated by me. Lorenzo joined us as well, having snuck Hermione over to the Slytherin table. She told me that she felt judged by Potter and Weasley because she sat with her tyrant, Draco Malfoy, and slept with his best mate.  

"You coming to the game tomorrow?", Adrian asked while we were walking to our Muggle Studies class. I narrowed my eyes from the floor to his eyes. "Yeah, it's Gryffindor against us, right?", I asked, and I knew the answer, but just had to ask to keep the conversation going.