XIV

TW: Self-harm

Draco Malfoy

We all watched as Nagini tore Charity Burbage's body apart; some of the other death eaters were disgusted, while others were amused, including my aunt, Bellatrix. Though I seemed to be more dead than alive.

My father told me about my destiny as Voldemort's assassin; he points, and I strike. Using the killing curse, with my sweaty palms clenching hard around my wand each time I have to mutter the words, is unlike anything else. The Crucio is one thing, but the Imperio is something else entirely. It doesn't feel the same, but my father assures me that I will grow accustomed to it. 

"And the young girl?", Voldemort asked, I didn't dare to look at him, I kept my eyes on the wall behind Snape, breathing in and out, focusing on my breathing.

I pressed my lips to a hard and straight line, keeping my eyes on Snape, but focusing my hearing on The Dark Lord.

Others would consider it an honour to be given the role of the Dark Lord in the event that Potter did not die. And The Lord was vanquished, but I did not. It felt like a burden to me, like a weight on my back pulling me down to hell.

"You didn't think I'd forgotten about her, did you?, he began once more, his words coming out calmly, but no one was fooled by the Lord; the words were a calm threat. 

"No, my Lord. I believe it will be done soon", I answered quietly, but I didn't think the work will be done soon.

"You don't seem so enthusiastic about this. Must I remind you what is going to happen if you don't follow through with my orders?", there was a pause, and he continued," You are my highest commander for a reason, young Draco. Age 18, and has the place of my right hand already, your poor aunt Bellatrix has fought for that position for the longest of time, but you beat her for what you are going to become in the future. You will be the next Dark Lord. If you do as you are told", I gulped and pressed my eyes shut.

I lifted my eyelids open, unwillingly as Voldemort raised his hand, his action made me almost flinch, his hand landed on my shoulder, "look at me when I talk to you", I narrowed my eyes from the table to Voldemort's shoulders, I changed my face expression quickly.

"I want you to kill one more", Voldemort said and without any hesitation, I said, " Yes, my Lord".

"Instructions will be given by Wormtail after the meeting", his voice sharp and hard, I nodded once, and looking over at my mother further down the table.

She looked disgusted at Nagini, as she hissed and ate, suddenly Nagini caught the eye of my mother and started to move her way hissing violently at her.

She was going to hurt her, but my mother kept her head up, looking like she didn't fear Nagini at all.

I rose quickly off my chair, sending the chair a couple of feet back, "Nagini! Back off!", my palms slammed on the table out of anger.

I heard Voldemort chuckled, "Nagini, come", he spoke, and Nagini glided her way to him. Moving up his arm, around his shoulders, and down to his right hand, looking at me, I rolled my eyes to the back of my head, my face growing annoyed at her. I sat down once again.

"The cabinet. It has been done for several weeks now, right Draco?", he questioned me, I moved my eyes to land on him, without my head or any body part moving.

"Yes, my Lord", I spoke, my words completely empty. I had to get Bella and the others out before it was too late. My fingers started to fickle with each other, I was moving my ring rapidly up and down my index finger.