XXII

They remained in silence for quite some time. Adrian tried to console her, but it didn't seem to work. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and whispered sweet nothings in her ear. He eventually dozed off on her shoulder. Bella sat in the dark, thinking about her plans, after turning off the lights for him. She healed the wounds on his back as he slept on his stomach.

All those mornings she was left alone by her lovers made her feel alone the instant she woke up. Now she had to do the same thing and leave Adrian. She picked up her clothes around his room and headed out.

When she apparated to Malfoy Manor she found the fire was put out and the maze didn't look like it had ever been put on fire.

A house-elf greeted her and led her to the Dard Lord, Draco, his father, and Bellatrix Lestrange, who were conversing in the sitting room. She sat at the chair nearest Bellatrix and the talking stopped and everyone but Draco turned their head to her. Lucius tried on a weak smile, his eyes red and his hair a mess. Bellatrix had a grin on her face and sat with her legs crossed however, it wasn't as elegant as Narcissa would sit.

"You took my memories," she proclaimed as she straightened her back and glared at the Dark Lord. He offered, teasingly, "You can have them back if they mean too much to you."

She considered it and decided she didn't want them back if it wasn't absolutely necessary. She didn't need something else on her mind right now. "Is it necessary for your plans?" she asked instead, "no, it isn't necessary at all if you aren't marrying young Draco here."

She wondered if it was true, "I am not marrying Draco," she said, staring at her hands and avoiding looking at Draco." What is the plan that required me to marry someone?", Bella asked and broke the silence.

After exchanging glances with Bellatrix and Lucius, he replied, "You and your betrothed will take over my Death Eaters." "You're dying aren't you?" she said quickly, restraining herself from giving a scoff.

How would she ever get Adrian to become a Death Eater? He would never.

"Is there no way I can do the work myself?" she inquired, sitting back in her chair to look less tense. She answered her own query with a new one before he could reply. "I don't want to include Adrian in this because I can do it myself. Why can't Draco and I do it without getting married?" She added, gesturing with her hand to Draco while keeping her eyes away from him.

The Dark Lord clicked his tongue, "Don't be stupid, child", Lucius interrupted and leaned closer over his long legs. "I don't remember asking you, Mr Malfoy", she snapped at him and looked over at the Dark Lord, he had his gaze on Bellatrix.

"If I may, my Lord?", she turned to Bella when the Dark Lord leaned back on his chair, "we can't tell you the plan before you agree to do this. How would we know if you wouldn't betray us for Potter's precious Order", she looked like she gagged at the word 'Order'.

Bella contemplated proposing an Unbreakable Vow, but she concluded it was too dangerous. She faced the risk of dying and failing if she broke her Vow before completing her own mission. "I won't," she lied, then realized they had picked up on it in her tone, so she lied again. "I'll do it," she said, "I'll talk to Adrian, I'll do it."

"Give me the mission and I will give you my oath to do it all and more", that wasn't a lie. They all stared at the Dark Lord, he was rubbing his chin, thinking everything through. Nevermore had Bella wished she knew Occlumency, so she tried to think of something else.

"I'll tell you furthermore when I know you are married and both you and this Adrian have given your word to do as I say", he took a breath, "you will not continue to go to Hogwarts, Harry Potter isn't there so there is no need to pursue to go there. However you, Adrian and Draco and Draco's betrothed will be trained by Bellatrix", he got a grin on his face and Bella sunk even more into her chair.