XIX

Nothing really made sense. 

Why would Draco say that earlier today?

Why would Madame Pomfrey refer to the father of the child as Draco?

Bella knew if she asked Anna or Enzo, or anyone for that matter that they wouldn't know anything. No one except Draco himself. 

And Draco would be at Malfoy Manor. 

"So it's settled...I am leaving to Malfoy Manor", she whispered to herself in the dark. It was early in the morning, the sun had perhaps been out for an hour or two. Since there is still school, she wouldn't be allowed to leave school grounds. The best option was to leave without telling anyone and be back before anyone noticed. It felt really unreal, everything felt unreal because nothing made sense. 

Draco the father of her child? 

"We haven't even kissed!", she whispered loudly to herself after she slipped out of the room. The only thing now was to get to her room and get dressed. 

The plan was to leave to Malfoy Manor, get Draco, ask him what this all meant. 

It's simple, easy. Hopefully possible. 

When she had slipped to the Slytherin common room and back into her room, she noticed her family's owl, Gabriel, a black owl, with green eyes. So, her grandfather had already gotten his owl about Bella's decision. 

Bella closed her door, moving towards Gabriel, standing outside the window patiently. He flew in and settled down on her desk. 

Her grandfather, Sébastien Touche, as well as her grandmother, was apart of one of the pureblood families in France. Very well respected and strict. She hadn't seen him for years, due to her father not letting her go to France. But she'd get letters, money and all sorts of gifts from her family in France. 

Cher Isabella, 

I got an owl from your school and I believe it's for the best if you come back home next week.

This is not negotiable nor optional. 

S. Touche

The handwritten letter was in perfect cursive writing, meaning that her grandfather himself wrote the letter instead of making his assistant write it for him. This also shows its importance. 

She scratched Gabriel on his head and sat down to write her own letter. Next week, its Christmas, she almost forgot. She hadn't special plans for Christmas, maybe going home was the best. 

She found some fresh parchment and ink and wrote in her best handwriting:

Cher grand-père, 

I will not argue the fact that my presence is needed at home, in France. 

I'll get home by train on the last day of school. 

Isabella T. 

Next, she folded the piece of paper and attached it to Gabriel, before turning back to her closet and getting out her darkest robe of black. 

The robe was heavy but kept her warm in the cold weather of December. Everything went on so fast, she noticed first now that the school was covered in a thick layer of snow. 

She pulled out some old boots that reached up to her knees to get her through the heavy coat of snow. 

Walking down the cold courtyard, Bella could only think about Draco. He had been so weird these last times they had met in secret. She also thought about her own behaviour, she hadn't even told Anna about it. Now that she really thought of it, she could remember Enzo bringing up the fact that they-their friends- saw them in the courtyard together the night of the ball, they had been watching from the Astronomy Tower.