XVIII

Bella was startled by the motions right behind her, and she pressed her eyes together in an attempt to change her vision. Her neck hurt from sleeping in such an uncomfortable place. Her hand rubbed against her aching throat.

On her bed, a blonde boy was swaying uncontrollably. She thought he was having a nightmare. His trousers were torn in half, and his shirt was soaked in blood and ripped apart as well. "Rennervate," she murmured after she rose from her seat, searching her space for her wand. He awoke breathing heavily.

He muttered, "What the hell-," before getting out of bed and surveying his surroundings. He growled and scratched his head before regretting it because his arm was still hurting and not fully healed. "You should not be standing. I wasn't able to- ", she cut herself moving towards him. "Can't you just fuck off?", he said but it didn't seem like a sincere question; she could tell he was uncomfortable, but he still moved away from her. 

"Excuse you? I just helped you. Remember? Last night you burst into my dorm expecting me to help, so I did", she argued back at him.

He didn't say anything so she continued. He had really made her angry. She hated ungrateful people. She had let in him in the middle of the night, helped him and then let him sleep in her bed. What kind of person does that?

"Why couldn't you go to Enzo if you just were going to lash out on me? Anna? Blaise?", she took a sharp breath.

"I was drunk and-", he started but got cut off, "oh please just shut up", she waved him off with her hand, "Why are you always like this? Can't you just say thank you, then leave. Go on a killing spree if you want to", she fired at him.

He scoffed, making her stare at him, crossing her arms over her chest.

It was silent, all she wanted to do was hex him, or slap him, he didn't have a wand giving her an advantage.

He suddenly broke the silence after several moments of thinking, "do you really think I would thank you? Don't ever expect anything from me", he stated while slowly tilting his head to one side, his expression was blank. Impossible to read.

"Believe me I don't, Malfoy. Every time I look at you I feel disgusted. What have you ever done for me?", she scoffed back.

She saw he fought the urge to say something back because his lips slightly parted and looked like something was about to fire off his cruel tongue. But he only took a sharp breath.

"Why did you fucking come?", she questioned after starring at his injures for a second. Why would he come to her? They hated each other, he had others to go to. He also has a god damn family and the whole fan club of Voldemort. Nothing he did or said made sense to her anymore.

I can always count on you.

He'd said the night before. But now she understood that was just a way for him to manipulate her to help him. He was drunk as well.

How could she fall for that? She hated herself for helping him. And she hated him for coming to her out of everyone.

"Because no one is as stupid, naive and dumb as you to help me out. You and Enzo, but he didn't answer the god damn door", his harsh words attacked her, she felt herself boil up with anger. And regret.

"Leave. Get out of my sight", she shouted at him, taking steps out, leaving an open space for him to go. He wasn't even healed all up, but may the pain humble him, she thought.

He was still shirtless, his muscles tensing up and his injures looked like they burned with the urge to get the rightful potions that they required.