XV

Lorenzo Berkshire

We arrived outside at my family's manor, Anna was babbling for what felt like hours, asking questions as we were walking up to the manor, and each time we told her the same, "We'll explain everything once we are at the manor, Annabelle", she would frown and walked very rapidly, almost running, all the way up to the house.

I pushed the door open and our house-elf, Dopsy, appeared, "Sir Lorenzo, welcome home", I smiled weakly in response. " Thank you. I wonder is father is home?", she nodded a clear no, "great, also do you mind bringing breakfast in the cold room?". The cold room was a smaller kind of dining room in our manor, I used to eat there when I was a child. The room isn't cold, but it was a room I went to when I felt cold. Not physically, but mentally.

I am almost never here, my father makes it miserable to be here. But our house-elf, Dopsy, she is the sister of Dobby, the Malfoys previous house-elf, she made the time here better. She nodded quickly and snapped her fingers and went on. I turned to face Annabelle and Blaise, arguing, "fancy a breakfast?", I asked, raising an eyebrow to them while smirking. «Only if you tell what the fuck is happening, we have school on monday, you know". I rolled my eyes and turned back around, as if she cared about school.

I looked around, the same brown and old staircases at each side. The room dark as always, even though the sun was up, the table in the middle always had flowers in them, white flowers at the moment. I walked towards the left staircases, Anna looking around and following. Only Blaise and Draco have been here, but it's been years. The last time was year four if I remember correctly.

I dragged my hand on the railing, lifting my hand up to look if there were traces of dust, none. My shoes making elegant sounds as they met the wood floor. I lead the way through the empty hallways of the house. Memories of my childhood flushing back, I kept running around the house, falling down the stairs, slipping on the old and hideous rugs, hurting my knee, hurting my head, my arm, my leg.

I lead the way through to the cold room, the sun shined through the big windows, the room looked untouched as always. We sat down, breakfast was already there, it was Saturday today, so no school.

"Tell me now", said Anna as she pulled her chair closer to the table, "some death eaters came to school, had some business to do with-", Blaise said, nervously scratching his neck. «With who? Harry?"

«No, Dumbledore", I said and slightly sighed at the words coming out of our mouths, and what our lives have become.

"Explain me everything", she demanded, Blaise started to explain when Dospy appeared, "Sir, Dopsy is to tell there is an Adrian Pucey waiting for you at the door", she said, I nodded and got up from my seat.

"Oh, hey", I said, letting him in, "Draco told me to get here, is Bella here yet?", Adrian asked, rubbing his hands with each other to keep warm. He followed as I walked up the stairs, one turn, ten steps forward to the big opening at the end of the wide hallway of the manor.

He sat down next to Blaise, and I took my place at the top of the table, looking over to Anna and Blaise still arguing about the situation. Almost forgetting Adrian's question, "no, not yet", I answered absentmindedly. Anna's and Blaise's conversation became louder, "Annabelle, shut up, we all knew Draco was a death eater. You would have to expect Voldemort to give Draco a task to do", I snapped, thinking that it is too early in the morning for this.

"No, you shut up. I had to find out from Flint at the party that Malfoy was a death eater after he went all psychopath at Adrian, so you two", she stopped pointing at Blaise and me, "you are just two mother fucking cunts. Malfoy's so-called tasks can set multiple lives at risk. And you two didn't even bother to tell us sooner", she snapped.