CHAPTER 15. PROGRESS X PROGRESS

Gen's nen castle was split in two at a forty five degree angle. Izuku's cloak had dissolved as he swung, as to not break the deal he made with himself. Gen's eyes burned with panic. Izuku's aura was sparking with electricity and had just whipped out a pretty gnarly blade that was also sparking with electricity. Gen flopped on the ground, but Izuku was to winded to take advantage. Izuku huffed and wheezed, prompting Gen to stand.

She walked to Izuku, placing a glowing hand on him.

GEN FREECSS!!! QUIRK: INFLUX! IT ALLOWS HER TO STORE ENERGY FOR LATER USE. THIS ENERGY CAN BE USED FOR PERSONAL OR INTERPERSONAL ENERGIZATION!!

Izuku's heavy breathing ceased.

"She heals me after every match and still has the strength to fight. Incredible."

"You okay?" Gen asked.

"Yeah. Let's go another round."

Izuku and Gen activated ren and charged each other.

Yari entered the Hero-hunters' base. Two double patty burgers, five cups of fries and a half liter of lemon-lime soda sat comfortably in her stomach. She had come back with the intentions f sleeping the rest of the day, though on her way to her room, she ran into Melissa.

The brat was dressed in a baggy shirt and shorts. Her hair was damp and she reeked of the annoying citrus lotion she liked to use.

"Hey, auntie, I've been meaning to talk with you."

"What do we have to talk about?" Yari said dismissively.

"I just wanted to check up on you. You've been even more distant than usual." Melissa explained.

"Well I'm fine!!" Yari grumbled.

She tried to step past Melissa, but she blocked her.

"One more thing!!" She yelped.

"What?!" Yari grumbled.

"Is there a special someone? Someone you like?"

Yari cringed. Someone special?

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Someone you might love. Like Izuku is to me."

Yari sneered.

"No." Her voice sounding annoyed.

"Were you in the market for one?" Melissa asked.

"I see what's going on here!" Yari growled.

Melissa raised an eyebrow. Yari snapped.

"You think if I just find some boy toy like you did, I'd change? I'm fucking grumpy and no man will change that!!"

Melissa trembled.

"Izuku is no toy!!" She shouted, shaking Yari with the volume of her voice.

"It's not about you having a boyfriend. Yari"

"You're so so" Melissa struggled with her words.

Yari stood expectantly. It couldn't be anything she hadn't heard before. She was grumpy, impatient, aggressive and brash. She had heard it all her life. She wasn't the type to make excuses for herself or anyone else. So what would it be? Her personality? Her attitude? What did she think needed to change?

"You're so alone."

Melissa's statement was punctuated by flowing tears. Yari was stunned.