CHAPTER 2. IZUKU

Izuku had to crane his neck to see who had spoken to him. Before him stood a woman, tall and slightly rugged. She was shrouded in a crimson stained leather cloak with matching hair, cut short and shaved at the sides.

"You gonna answer my question, broccoli ?!" She shouted, her voice slightly deep and rough.

Izuku spoke.

"I can't be a hero because I'm quirkless." Izuku's head drooped.

"What the hell makes you think that?!! She asked.

"Allmight himself said so." Izuku muttered.

"What's your name?"

"Izuku Midoriya."

The woman grit her teeth and stomped her way to Izuku. She slapped Izuku right across his face. Izuku nearly fell over, his left cheek feeling as if it had been set on fire.

"Do you want to be a hero?" She asked.

"Wha--"

"Answer the question, broccoli!!" She yelled.

Izuku caught a glimpse of two parallel scars over the upper right part of her face. He decided it would be better if he gave the woman what she wanted.

"Yes!! More than anything!!" Izuku shouted back.

She nodded and turned back, her cloak swaying.

"Meet me at Takoba Beach park at five thirty a.m tomorrow." She instructed before continuing on her way.

"What's your na--"

"I'll tell you once you do what I say." She yelled, not bothering to turn again.

Izuku squinted his eyes

"What's that green steam coming off her?" He thought.

He then felt dizzy. A gnawing pain in his stomach followed.

"I gotta get home before I pass out"

The fact that Izuku was able to make it to the train station without fainting was a fucking miracle. Izuku stumbled on the train to his prefecture collapsing on a seat, sighing. A soft, feminine voice caught his attention.

"Excuse me, can I sit here?"

The girl to his left looked to be his age. Long blonde locks fell to the small of her back. She wore a white blouse with charcoal accents, paired with mid-waisted matte black slacks.

"Sure."

She sat next to him. She wore large ovular glasses with indigo tinted plastic frames. She took them off for the moment to soothe the bridge of her nose. She sat with perfect posture, as if she was a statue molded in that pose. Izuku's cheeks flushed. He had just realized how long he had been looking at her. She turned to him, and his cheeks grew redder.

"I'm I-Izuku Midoriya" Izuku introduced himself, giving a crooked smile.

The girl smirked, flushed lips curling to reveal white teeth. She redonned her glasses and held out her hand.

"Melissa Shield."

Izuku's eyes widened as he shook her hand.

"Wait! Are you?!"

"Yep! I'm David Shield's daughter." She confirmed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to--"

"No, no, its okay. I'm proud to be his daughter. He's a great man and an even better father."