CHAPTER 9. MELISSA

Melissa and Izuku walked side by side, having left the restaurant a few minutes ago. They decided to skip the train ride, opting walk in order to counteract the pure gluttony of the five course meal that they had scarfed down.

Izuku's eyes had been trained on the ground for the last minute.

"Izu" Melissa groaned.

Izuku's jaw tensed.

"I picked this resturant because I wanted you to enjoy it."

"Still" Izuku mumbled.

"I should've picked up the check."

"Izu, I'm rich beyond comprehention. I could go to that place every day for a year and it won't make a dent in my allowance."

Izuku pouted, his brow furrowing.

Melissa took her left hand and interlaced her fingers with Izuku's right.

"I had a great time with you." Melissa leaned in, kissing his cheek.

Izuku's blush lit up his cheeks. A goofy grin split his face.

"I had fun, too."

The two had spent the evening joking, laughing and telling stories. Melissa had never felt so close to someone. Aside from her father of course, but this was obviously different.

Tension returned to Izuku's eyes.

"Worried about your quirk?" Melissa queried.

"It's not so much worry I'm just thinking about it." Izuku explained.

"It's an enhancer, but it goes beyond strength." Izuku continued.

Melissa herself began pondering his new power.

"Yes, even if you enhance your current abilities, stopping yourself midair with no deceleration time shouldn't be possible."

"Additionally, electrons have little mass, so no matter how big a bolt of lightning is, you wouldn't be able to output the kind of kinetic force needed to rip through that bot."

"You're right." Izuku spoke up.

"The heat generated by a lightning bolt would be a non factor. Even if the heat was enough, it wouldn't have results so quick or dramatic." Izuku continued.

"There's gotta be more to it."

"Wait!" Melissa yelped.

Izuku turned to her.

"If your quirk was truly influencing your notes and your nen in ways that go beyond basic enhancing" Melissa rubbed her chin.

"Then it must be about skill!!" Melissa reasoned.

Izuku's eyes widened.

"My skill with nen during the exam My skill with note taking along with my hand writing and doodling skill on the train"

"When you used your quirk with your nen, the quality your aura shifted drastically." Melissa added.

"You should take the water divination test again." Melissa suggested.

Before Izuku could say any more, a cry of terror shook the air. Izuku, without pause or hesitation, rushed toward the source of the yell. Melissa smirked and rushed to join him.

"Melissa! Maneuver #6!!" Izuku called out.

Melissa nodded, knowingly. This was one of ten maneuvers they had practiced up to now.