CHAPTER 8. IZUKU

"That's amazing, ma'am!!" Izuku blurted.

"I had no idea, that's why you asked that I carry that card with me everywhere!!" He continued.

"Whatever. And I told you to stop calling me that!!" Yari barked.

"It's not "whatever"! That's amazing!! You can teleport to these cards!!!" Izuku gushed, staring at his card.

The card was a limited edition looking card for a game he had never heard of. The card was green with a white boarder. A large number 6 was printed in white. Flipping it over, Izuku noted a single word printed in yellow.

"Uno?" He read to himself.

Izuku turned to his sketchbook and began inscribing what he knew of Yari's nen. He would've waited for a full explanation, but he had the feeling Yari wouldn't give him the light of day.

"This probably only scratches the surface of what she can do." Izuku thought, scribbling.

"What an amazing power!!" His scribbling grew faster with each stroke of his pencil.

Eventually his hand was a blur, even faster than usual, far faster than usual. Izuku then noticed the pink sparks flying from his hand. His eyes widened and he was brought back to reality. He glanced to his right, noticing the concerned looks his companions were shooting at him.

His heart began to race. A tension grew in his muscles.

"What's happening??!" He yelped.

"Izu... breathe." Melissa put her hand on his shoulder.

Izuku took measured breaths and the static coming off him dyed down and ultimately ceased. He gasped in relief.

"Thanks" He wheezed.

Izuku looked down to his sketch book. He had filled three pages with notes, doodles, diagrams and ideas which was odd, as he only had a half a page worth of information for notes and another half a page of ideas. The paper was hot. Had he not calmed down, it was possible that his paper would've caught fire. But that wasn't the half of what he discovered.

The notes, that he shouldn't even have been able to take, were detailed on a level beyond what he did normally. Likewise, his penmanship was astounding. His hand writing was so clean and artsy despite the speed he was writing at, which was even stranger.

"My quirk" Izuku realized.

During the exam, his quirk had enhanced his transmuted aura. Even using ko at his max, he couldn't get half of that power from a burst of lightning. Thus, he thought it was a simple strength enhancer. It was far more than a simple enhancement power, that was for sure.

Izuku felt a little dizzy. He looked at Melissa staring with worry and it sickened him. He had to change the subject.

"I'm okay." He assured.

"You however, need to start thinking of what you're going to wear tonight."

Melissa looked confused, but soon realized.

"We're going tonight?" Melissa yelped.

"There's no time like six thirty pm." Izuku grinned.

"Izuku, no! I need more time! I need to get my hair done, I need a new dress"

"But you look date ready now." Izuku asked, confused.