CHAPTER 5. MELISSA

The transmuter is seen as the greatest affinity to be born with in the world on nen. The ability to have your aura mimic something is powerful indeed. The flexibility of such power can dwarf most high level emitter type quirks. In addition to that, transmuters neighbor two of the most effective complimentary nen types, enhancer and conjuror.

Using the simple nature of enhancer nen to bolster a transmuter ability as natural as water flowing downhill, same went for enhancing a conjured object with an a basic enhancement, or even high-level shu.

"Wasn't that just ko?" Melissa questioned.

"No" She thought.

"Even if one employs ko or even ryu, shu still needs to be activated in addition in order to grant the effects of nen to an object." Melissa realized.

That truth was pivotal to a conjuror. The colossal difference between a conjured item reinforced by basic shu and one reinforced by ryu or ko could not be understated.

"I'll have to make sure Izuku knows once he gets here."

"Midoriya." She corrected her thoughts.

She sighed

Izuku had wormed his way into Melissa's mind for months now. Not intentionally of course, but he was impressive to say the least. It had been another six months since he started his hatsu training. He's gotten the hang of conjuration rather quick, even having three weapons already. One with a strict limitation. He's also proficient with transmuter style nen, having two abilities and even branched out to enhancer and emitter nen. Though emitter nen is the polar opposite of his hatsu type, so he could only be so good. Still, he's gotten the basics down. While he's undeniably talented, one would be remise for not considering the work he's put in. Melissa had rarely seen someone put in such effort. Such effort all for another.

"All to be a hero." Melissa thought.

Melissa lost track of how much longer their five mile jogs take due to Izuku stopping to help every single person in need. Whether it was stopping a petty thief or helping a lost child, or even tutoring a struggling grade schooler who needed help with their homework. Whenever he could help, Izuku would jump at the chance. A hero if there ever was one.

"He was born to be." Melissa smiled.

Her stomach growled. She grit her teeth.

"Damned body! Interrupting me!!"

Melissa checked her watch.

"Twelve thirty already? Midoriya should be back from his training any moment now."

She had made sure to do her physical training earlier that day. While she'd love to watch him lift heavy things at the beach, she wanted the alone time to finish this project. Though Midoriya decided to use the gauntlet she designed as the crux of his hatsu, a flattering act to say the least, it'd be impossible to conjure the thousands of Nano-machines that formed it originally, so he had to conjure the thing fully deployed. That didn't mean the deployment system didn't have it's uses once it was conjured. Melissa had spent quite a while developing some devilishly fun ways to use it in hand to hand situations. Aside from that, there was one other way she thought to use it, but the resources wouldn't be available until her first day at U.A. She had already been accepted. She moved to japan a year ago to be the head of the support division of the special program that U.A had yet to reveal to the world. Or to Izuku.

"I hope he doesn't think me deceitful" Melissa mumbled.

She stood from her desk, giving in to her rumbling stomach. She was annoyed at herself.