CHAPTER 26. THE X MASTERS X UNITE.

The Lord Mistborn. Vigilante extraordinaire and his elite team approached the enemy strong hold that Canary had scouted a week or so ago. They were quite a bit more prepared than she had been. The Lord Mistborn waved a hand to halt the approach of his team. His allomancer sidekicks landed gracefully on the rooftop behined him, decked in haze-killer style tactical gear. They weren't like the heroes, they had no need or room for extravagant costumes, although The Lord Mistborn wore his jet-black mist cloak.

"Mistborn?" Crash asked.

"We gotta take this slow for now." Mistborn said.

"Overwatch, let's run a sweep."

One of the figures sauntered forward to stand side by side with the Lord Mistborn and both of them burned bronze.

In allomancy, power is drawn from the metal in a metaphysical metabolic process referred to as "burning". The warm feeling that radiated from their stomachs being the origin of the term.

The warm feeling of burning metal helped to settle the mind and ward off any mistake causing anxiety. Burning bronze, both Mistborn and Overwatch were able to sense allomantic signatures, pulsing sensations given off an allomancer while burning a metal.

"I'm getting nothing." Mistborn sighed quietly.

"Same here. Should I try compounding?"

"Nah. These are allomancers we're talking about. Very well funded allomancers. Either they have copperclouds stationed or have alluminum lining the walls.

Alluminum was a kryptonite to the Metallic arts. Alluminum lined hats protected from emotional allomancy, alluminum couldn't be pushed or pulled with steel and iron, and alluminum structures could deflect bronze "seeking". Overwatch was twinborn, possessing both allomancy and feruchemy, her specific combination of powers could in fact pierce normal copperclouds, but it was rather costly.

"We've done this plenty of times, once we're inside, we'll be able to tell what's going on. Crash, Drag, grab Haymaker and Ham. I'll get Clubs and Overwatch." Mistborn whispered.

His team did as instructed. Mistborn and Crash burned steel, Drag burned iron, both Crash and Drag began filling their metal-minds. Crash and Drag were both twinborn like Overwatch. While the two of them had different allomantic powers, they both had feruchemical iron.

Filling their metal-minds, they both became lighter, but growing no weaker from it. While their weight did change, their mass had not. Their physical connection to the earth had just weakened. Crash pushed hard with steel and Drag pulled hard with iron, both of them lurched into the sky with their burdens on their shoulders. Mistborn did the same, having to flare both iron and steel, not having the luxury of reducing the effort of the leap via feruchemical shenanigans. The group arched through the air with a relatively silent grace. Physical allomancy was indeed flashy if done right, but the skill floor for allomancy was a lot higher than feruchemy.

As the group fell, they angled themselves to fall straight down onto the roof. Mistborn pulled on the metal that Drag was wearing. Normally, allomancers would never wear metal into combat for fear of it being used against them, but this was a deliberate choice on the team's part. Mistborn and Crash both retrieved a metal coin from their pouches as mistborn burned steel, blue lines sprang up in his field of view, it happened when iron was burned as well. The blue lines lead to sources of metal. Any metal aside from alluminum could be pushed or pulled but some were better than others. The metal they used was the best in the buisness for coinshots and lurchers.