CHAPTER 7. YARI

"Well done, broccoli." Yari mumbled.

Yari had sat in a shaded room with a few U.A staff.

The heroes Snipe, Midnight and of course, principal Nezu.

"He did it!!" Melissa shrieked.

Yari turned to her, a look of exasperation plastered on her face. Yari had to sit through an insufferable ten minutes of cheers and shrieks of joy from this girl.

"You've done a good job with him, Yari." Nezu chuckled.

Yari rolled her eyes before looking back to the screen.  She stood, terror painted on her face.

"Melissa, he's falling."

"Yeah, that's how gravity works."

Yari grabbed her and pulled her close.

"There's no aura coming from him, smart ass!!" She hissed.

Yari felt Melissa shiver at that. Not wasting any more time, Yari vanished from sight. Yari's field of vision blurred and the color shifted from the shaded blue of the room to the bright blue sky.

Yari, working off pure muscle memory, wrapped her arm around a body next to her.

"Ma'am?!!" Izuku yelped.

"How?"

"Shut it!!" Yari barked, the wind rushing past her.

Yari pulled one of her action card from her pocket and let go of it, letting it flutter upward. A few seconds passed and the two neared the ground. Yari activated ren, then ko. A line of highly concentrated aura sprang from her right hand, latching onto the card above them.

Yari pulled and the card seemed to be anchored in the air. Their decent slowed gradually, too gradually.

"Shit!!" Yari spat.

The ground was rushing toward them.

"I was too slow to spare us the fall, but we should survi--"

Yari felt soft, dog paw like hands hit her face and her motion ceased. She and Izuku seemed frozen in the air for a moment before a brunette, whom had been floating as well, pressed her finger tips together, saying--

"Release."

The three dropped to the ground more or less safely.

"Holy shit!" Yari gasped.

She looked to the brunette.

"Girl, if you didn't just save my ass, I'd beat the shit outta ya." She breathed.

"Thank you, miss!" Izuku looked to her.

"No problem." The brunette spoke wobbly.

"And to you as well, ma'am."

"Enough with the ma'am stuff!!" Yari groaned.

"Call me Yari!!"

Izuku crawled to his feet and stepped toward the brunette.

"Let's get you to Recovery girl." He scooped her into his arms, earning a blush from her.

"Careful, broccoli." Yari warned.

"Melissa is gonna get jealous."

"I'm sure." Izuku scoffed.

An hour after the exam had ended Yari and Mellissa stood in the middle of an office, painted a ghastly dark purple, lit by harsh blue lamps. Izuku was beside them, looking as nervous as he could've. Sitting in front of the three of them were three figures.