CHAPTER 16. FLAMMING X CARDS

"No way!!" Yari barked.

Melissa held up a ruby red dress with a dark, flowy skirt attached. Yari cringed like a cat taking a bath. The dress looked expensive. It was glossy and the cloth flowed without resistance as Melissa displayed it.

"C'mon, Yari. You're not going in a tracksuit."

Yari shivered slightly.

"No way! I don't do flowy skirts!!"

Yari didn't do most things. She could hardly tolerate dresses in general, but skirts were a no go.

Melissa sighed and turned her attention to the mini wardrobe they stood in front of. There were three more dresses hanging on the rack before her. Another red one and two black ones. Melissa took one of the black dresses off the rack. This one was jet black with spaghetti straps and was cut at the mid thigh.

"What about this one?"

Yari eyed it. It wasn't flowy, so it was already a vast improvement over the others she had seen. Still, the idea of wearing a dress made her skin crawl.

"Ehhh"

"Try it on!" Melissa growled.

Yari stepped into the changing room. She undressed, lamenting her having to wear unusual clothes. She caught a glimpse of herself in the full body mirror. Yari was taller than most women. The broadness of her hips were matched by that of her shoulders, though the pounds of muscle she bore added to her figure in some places and detracted in others.

Her eyes locked with those of her reflection. She studied her face. It was mostly rectangular with a pointed chin, resembling an almond. Her skin also mirrored an almond's hue, only marred by the two parallel scars over the upper right of her face.

Yet Melissa had called her beautiful. It was probably just a throw away line to push her to cooperate, but it sounded so genuine. Yari ran her fingers across them. They weren't large or unsightly, most would call them cool, but Yari actively ignored them. There was no special story behined them. She got hurt one day and the wound became scar. She had worse injuries in other places, but these two scars got the most attention.

Yari re-laced her black combat boots and looked back to the mirror. The dress hugged her body, but the fabric was soft. Due to Yari's height, the thing was only extended just short of mid thigh length. It was a good length, but shorter than she had anticipated. Cold air pricked at her largely bare legs. She led her ten tighter to maintain her body heat. Yari pushed a few waves of ruby hair from her eyes. The red of her hair, the green of her eyes and the black of the dress actually seemed to work.

"Do I like this?" She thought.

It was a strange feeling. She had never worn anything like this but she felt good about it. How strange.

Yari stepped out of the stall.

Melissa looked up from her phone as Yari opened the door. Melissa looked her over. She looked great!

"You like it?"

"Yeah." Yari answered.

Melissa raised an eyebrow.

"Are you smiling?" She smirked.

Despite her almond skin, Yari visibly flushed and straightened her face.

"No! Keep smiling! I shouldn't have said that. If you're happy, you should show it!" Melissa nodded.

Yari nodded silently.