CHAPTER 11. DOMINATION X DOMINATION

The vigilante Scarlet Iris was a local legend. The vigilante was known for going after corrupt organizations specifically. He wielded a strength quirk with a special chain weapon.

He was so cool. He was cool, not in the way that Allmight was cool, but in the way that eraser-head was cool. They both skulk in the shadows and strike at the heart of villain groups when they least expect it. But like Eraser head, Scarlet iris has fallen off the radar a few years back.

"He... what?" Izuku asked, trembling.

Gen was balled up beside him with wet eyes and Yari stood with her back turned. Killua's face twisted.

"Yeah... He's gone." Killua sighed.

"No, Killua!!" Gon shouted.

"He's gone, Gon!!" Killua snapped back.

"Not if we keep him in our hearts!"

"Shut the fuck up!!" Yari bellowed.

"You've always been a fuckin' idiot!!" She screamed, her voice breaking.

"Ma'am?" Izuku spoke with concern.

"I FUCKIN' TOLD YOU TO STOP CALLING ME THAT!!!!" She roared.

Izuku shook and Yari leapt into the air.

"I don't...I don't...??"

"Your politeness puts her off ....because that's how Kurapika spoke." Killua explained.

Pain washed over Izuku's face. He had no idea.

"It's not on you, Midoriya." Gon interjected.

"Kurapika sacrificed himself to bring justice to his family and to rid the world of a chaotic force that the hero society wouldn't have managed to. Just one of those guys could've taken on Allmight."

Izuku's eyes bulged from his head.

"But he wasn't killed by any of them." Killua added.

"He was killed by his own nen."

Yari sat hunched over on the edge of a tall office building. Her teeth were clenched and she shook with emotion. In her cupped hands, a bundle of chains with five charms attached. A cross, a small dagger, a hook, a weighted ball, and a syringe.

Yari held them tight in her hands as emotion overtook her. Her eyes burned and her body trembled. She should have done more, fought harder, trained longer, she should have talked to him but she didn't and now Kurapika-

Tears flowed uncontrollably from her eyes.

"He believed in me!! He took me in, taught me to fight for myself and I couldn't do shit for him." She thought.

Yari shut her eyes as she sobbed quietly. Her eyes were shut but that did little but force her to see. See the things that once brought her such joy, but now felt like daggers to the chest. She saw images of gentle eyes, a warm smile, and a considerate touch.

These images wrenched violently at Yari's heart. Soft cries of pain escaped her lips as she struggled to keep her emotions from spilling out.

"There's nothing I can do now!!" She yelled to herself.

Gon's ridiculous words crossed her mind. They were indeed ridiculous.

"Kurapika's gone whether we remember him or not." Yari trembled.