CHAPTER 18. 1.A X VANGAURD PT. 2

Stunned wouldn't describe what Izuku felt at having a cannon shot at him. He had been shot at, exploded, shocked, but somehow getting a whole seventeenth century cannon shot at him was more disconcerting. The field was still. Izuku wanted to go on a rant, but all he managed to say was-

"You almost took my fucking head off!!!"

"Desperate times call for desperate measures, Midoriya." Yaoyorozu said with a smirk.

"You three!! Fall back!! Its time we counter attack."

Izuku was transfixed by what just happened. He understood the mechanics of her quirk. She had to create the cannon, create the gunpowder then the round. Gunpowder is part sulfur and part carbon. Izuku didn't know the exact ratio, but evidently she did. Given the fact that she was comfortable shooting in the direction of a friend, the accuracy on the cannon must be top notch, which would require rifling.

Rifling was a process of carving spiral groves in the barrel of a gun or cannon developed in the late fifteenth century. It improves the accuracy of firearms by causing the round to spiral as it was fired, leveraging the gyroscopic effect to magnify aerodynamic stability. The thing that made this impressive was the fact that she had to create the barrel with specifically spaced cavities in order to make it work. Fucking impressive!!

Izuku grinned like a devil.

"Watch it you're starting to look like Bakugo and it doesn't suit you."

Izuku took a breath.

Uraraka had retreated with Kaminari in tow, Kirishima, Sero and Jiro following close behined.

"So who's left."

Yaoyorozu, Uraraka, Jiro, Kirishima, Tokoyami, Koda, Shoji, Aoyama, Mineta and--

"Aw shit, I've gotta fight Todoroki after this!!" He remembered.

"I gotta keep leaning on my quirk. I'll need much aura as I can conserve, especially if he decides to use his fire." Izuku thought.

"Tokoyami!! Don't let him get close!!" Yaoyorozu commanded.

Tokoyami unleashed his "dark-shadow" spirit. The bird-like entity rushed toward him, trailing a deep purple haze. It's speed was insane, but Izuku already knew how to counter this one. He cast ren, thunder-cord and added his emitter skill.

THUNDER-CORD: RAIDEN'S PULSE!!

The burst of electricity stopped dark-shadow in it's tracks. The light forced it back, it's form shrinking.

"He knows!!" Tokoyami reported.

"Aoyama!!" Yaoyorozu called.

"Am on it, mademoiselle!!"

He let off his navel laser through some disk wait!! WAS THAT A CONVEX LENS??!!!!

Izuku redonned full cowl in time to block the incoming beam of concentrated light. It flowed into his cloak. Izuku returned fire lightning, rather. A bolt of electrified aura ripped through Aoyama's lens paralyzing him, shoji, Mineta and Koda in one shot!

"Shit!! That cloak can absorb energy!!" Jiro yelped.

Just as she got that message out, Izuku was upon them. He reeled his fist back.

"Not her face!!!" Uraraka screamed, drilling the side of his head with a right hook.

Izuku drove his elbow into her face, blood spraying as she collapsed. A chop to Jiro's forehead took her out of the fight. Out of the corner of his eye, Izuku saw a soft pink light.