Chapter 19

We fell asleep about halfway through the movie, but I woke up to the tv off at about 6:30 a.m. I didn't want to wake her up, so I decided I was going to make breakfast till she woke up. I made strawberry waffles with whipped cream on top. As I was putting fresh strawberries on the waffles Hope walks down the stairs, with her hair in a pony tail and a large t-shirt going to mid thigh on her. 

"Good morning, love" She greets with a hug from behind and a peck on the cheek. 

"Good morning. I made breakfast."

"I see that, and it looks beautiful just like you." 

"Aww. Babe." 

"So" Hope dips her finger into the bowl of raw pancake batter and sucking it off her finger before finishing her statement. "I was thinking that school hasn't started yet and I'm off work for a bit since they're doing renovations and such we could go visit your parents. What do you think?"

"I think that's an amazing idea. When do you want us to leave?" 

"That's the thing." She rubs the back of her neck nervously. "Today." 

"Oh. That's pretty soon." 

"Yeah, well I know that you miss your parents so I wanted to make sure that before school started and we all got really busy that you should spend time with them." 

"Thank you, babe." 

"No problem." 

"We have one problem though." 

"What is it?"

"What about Lady? I don't want the devil to rip our things while we are gone." 

"Hmm. You have a point." Hope seems to weigh her options carefully for a few seconds. "She can come with us."

"Uh uh. I'm not going to be in the same car with that demon longer than I have to." 

"It's 45 minutes away." 

"Exactly too long. She could kill me and get rid of the evidence in that amount of time." 

"Alright fine. We'll have Cassidy watch her, they have a cat they might like hanging out." 

"Perfect, cause I cannot deal with Lady for long periods of time." 

"Alright, baby. You go get ready I will drop Lady off at Cassidy's okay?"

"Thank you." 

I jog up the stairs quickly shoving clothes and toiletries into my smaller suitcase. I start tossing my makeup into the travel case debating on what all I want to take. We'll probably be there for a few days so not too long. As soon as I finish zipping up my bag Hope enters our room.

"Lady is now at Cassidy's house so we can leave whenever you're." 

"Could you take my bag to the car. I'm just going to grab my phone and charger." 

"Okay." 

I peck her lips in thanks and grab my charger and phone off the nightstand as Hope steps down the stairs. After one last look through the house it was dark and clean for the most part, I shut the front door locking it behind me. I walk down the cement stairs and climb into the passenger seat. 

"Ready for our trip?" 

"Totally." 

-At the School-

When we park the car at the front Dad and Mom wait outside with large smiles on their faces. Barely waiting for Hope to turn off the car I barrel out of the door and tackle my parents in tight hugs. Even though I wasn't that long since I've seen them I still miss them. For years I've been used to them being there everyday, so it's weird to not see them everyday now.