Chapter 17

When Hope gets home the first thing out of her mouth is. 

"Close your eyes I have a surprise for you." 

I quickly check the mac and cheese in the oven then turn around with my eyes closed. I hear rustling around and I become curious at what Hope has planned.

"Okay. Open." 

I open my eyes to see a dark grey kitten walking on the kitchen island. 

"Ta-da! You said that you felt lonely when I leave for work trips so I bought a cat to keep you company." 

"Oh, Hope she's amazing." I pick the kitten up letting her smell me. "I think I want to call her Lady. Sounds like a good name for this cutie." 

"Then Lady it is. We'll get her a collar tomorrow and I got the rest of the supplies needed for her they're in the car. I'll go get them." 

Hope runs out and I pet the kitten scratching her behind her ears and cuddling her into my chest. 

"You're so precious." I baby talk to her and shower her in compliments.

"I see I'm already being replaced." Hope says walking in the house with bags and a box seeting it on the island. 

"Well we need to start this relationship since you'll be gone next week so I think it's important that we build a great relationship with Lady." 

"Ah. As long as I get my cuddles I think that's fine."

"Of course baby. I need your cuddles too." 

"So, what's for dinner?"

"Homemade mac and cheese." 

"Yum. Thank you. Also I was thinking that Adison and her faily could come over so that if they need to drop their kids off they can. Apparently they've been having trouble with their parents again saying that they're going to hell and such. So I offered for them to come over for dinner."

"That's fine. Anytime they need a break just let me know I'm sure Berkely would love your library here." I bobble my head in a mocking way.

"Don't disrespect the library like that. It's part of my job to have books and those are classics never to be made again."

"Yeah, yeah. I still think we could've done something else with the room."

"I can hire some people to build some extra rooms then we can do whatever you want with them?"

"What about a sex dungeon?"

"I mean if that's what you want as long as I don't have to see a guys penis I'm good." 

I giggle then peck Hope's lips. 

"I was just giving you a hard time."

"I know."

"I love you."

"I love you too." Lady mews.

The timer dings and I give Lady over to Hope and I go to take the food out of the oven. I set it on the stove then turn the oven off and when I turn around I see Hope sitting at the island on her phone and Lady trying to crawl into Hope's shirt to get in her bra.

"Uh-uh those are mine not for you." I take Lady out of Hope's shirt and she gives me a cocky smirk. "What? She was trying to take what's mine."

"Okay."

I serve two plates then sit next to Hope in the stools and I peck her lips and I dip my fork into my food and shove it into my mouth. I hear Hope hums in content and Lady lays on her shoulder like a little parrot. I swear when she looks at me she smirks then nuzzles into Hope. This cat is trying to steal my girlfriend!