~ 19 ~

08 MARCH 2008

"Get back here, you little bunny!" the father shouted as he chased his daughter in the corridor. The little girl just continued giggling as she went down the stairs, her favourite blanket in her hands.

"Can't catch me!" she giggled as her father chased her around the couch, running as fast as her little feet could carry her. In her mind, she thought she was the roadrunner and her father was the coyote. She squealed when she was abruptly lifted from the ground, giggling even more if that was even possible.

Her father placed her on the couch and began tickling her tummy, making her squirm and laugh. "That's what I like to hear, Debbie," the father sighed as he gazed at his four-year-old daughter fondly.

He sat down next to her and put her on his lap, smiling like a crazy man. He'd always wanted to have a child of his own and was happy to have this bundle of joy. She looked exactly like him, the only difference being the fact that she took her mother's hair colour. Other than that, any person could tell he was her father.

She rested her head on his chest and breathed out, panting heavily. "Daddy?"

"Hmm?" he hummed. She lifted her head and placed her tiny hands on his cheeks, making him look at her in the eyes. She was tiny despite her age and her parents were thankful she didn't have health issues.

"Can we get ice cream today?"

It was a sunny Saturday and Debbie knew her father wouldn't mind getting her ice cream if the sun was shining brightly. Her mother was with her friends and would return later that day.

"Tell me, why?" he feigned confused but his expression was soft.

Debbie sucked on her bottom lip and made thinking noises. She eventually thought of something and grinned, putting her milk teeth on display.

"It's my birthday soon," she explained and crossed her arms. There were still weeks before her birthday but her father took it into consideration. "Then I'll be this big," she said as she showed five fingers.

"You are right, my angelic bunny," the father said as she showered her with kisses. He kissed her nose, temples, forehead, eyes and cheeks.

"Yay!" she celebrated as she bounced up and down. "And donut and cookie, Daddy!"

"Yes, doughnuts and cookies as well," he agreed and leaned over to her ear. "But, don't tell Mammy," he whispered. They always took advantage of her absence.

The mother wouldn't let Debbie eat too much junk food because she wanted Debbie to be a great ballerina. But, as for her father, he was weak when it came to his daughter.

"No. Debbie never tell Mammy," she shook her head furiously, making her pigtails fly around.

"Pinky promise?" He stuck out his pinky finger.

"Pinky promise," she nodded and wrapped her pinky around his.

"Good. First, do you want to see your cousin? She wants to see you."

"Debbie has cou-cous-cousin?" She involuntarily scrunched up her nose at the funny word.

"Yes."

"I want to see her, Daddy!" she said happily and he adjusted her on his lap. She assumed it was a girl because who wouldn't? "Where can I see her?"

"She's far far away," he told her.

"Where?"

"In Lancashire, England," he explained as he played with her hair. She pouted and thought hard.

"Is it at the park?" she asked curiously and he chuckled.

"No. It's very far."

"How do we see her?"

"You can see her in the phone," he said as he pulled out his phone and she snatched it from him. She began saying multiple 'hellos' into the phone as she stared at the dark screen but nothing happened.

"Why isn't she coming out?" she asked with a cute pout. He took the phone from her and opened the pictures of Evangeline that he had and showed them to his daughter. Debbie stared at the pictures of the girl with brown hair and brown eyes. "Is she bigger than me?"

"Yes. She's this big." He put down the phone and showed her ten fingers. Debbie's face resembled one of a shocked person as she counted the fingers.

"Ten!"

"Yes," he laughed and they continued looking at the pictures. Debbie laughed when she saw the picture of when Evangeline lost her upper front tooth. "Don't laugh. You'll lose your teeth too."

She immediately stopped laughing, afraid the tooth fairy would take her teeth.

"We'll talk to them on my laptop later, okay? Now let's get the ice cream!"

"Ice cream!" she cheered as she got off his lap.

[A/N] Hey guys!

This was just a short chapter to take you back in time. The book will continue in the next chapter. Hope you liked it ^_^

Leave a vote if you did!

Ciao