~ 13 ~

What are the signs of a bad day that people tend to ignore? This very question had been haunting me ever since I woke up. It didn't sit well with me because it was my birthday. It had finally come and I wanted to be happy, but it was nearly impossible. My mind wandered as I brushed my hair, getting ready for school.

I was wearing a white cold-shoulder dress with a pair of sandals. (Image above. I suck at descriptions)

It was a sunny Friday that deserved sunny thoughts. I instantly went to my window when the sound of a car honk reached my ears. A part of me was hoping it was Levi, rather, it was Cassidy's boyfriend. This was the longest relationship she'd ever been in ever since we had known one another.

I walked down the hallway, towards my locker. Today it felt as though everyone was watching my every move and it made me feel small. The atmosphere was not right, I knew that much. Keeping my head low, I reached out to open my locker only to be dragged in a different direction. I looked up at the owner and realised it was Naomi.

She looked alarmed or something close to that.

"Good morning. What's wrong? Are you okay?" I questioned and she stopped to stare at me for a few seconds. Just when I thought she was gonna give me answers, she pulled me again.

"You're asking me if I'm okay? You should be worrying about yourself," she told me with a half disbelieving and half-serious expression. I would be lying if I said this didn't disturb me.

"Why? What's wrong with me? I mean, why should I worry about myself?" I asked in a panicked voice, my eyes widening a bit. A heavy feeling settled on my chest and it made me feel anxious. Really, really anxious.

I didn't miss the eyes that were following us in the halls. What was going on exactly? Naomi gave me the silent treatment and pulled me into the toilets. I found myself in a stall with her.

"Debbie, you really don't know what's going on?" she was quick to ask.

"No. You're honestly scaring me, Naomi," I admitted as my grip on the neckline of my dress tightened. I didn't know what to call our relationship but we did sit together on Tuesday as planned. The lunch hour went so well that she insisted on sitting with me the following day, which was Wednesday.

"I'm not sure if these things are true, that's why I suggest you look at it yourself," she let out as she handed me her phone.

I adjusted the device in my shaky hands and tried to hold onto it so it wouldn't fall, afraid to see what was on the screen. My heart was beating rapidly and I didn't know how to avoid that. The tension had grown.

Something told me this whole thing had to do with Levi. Or it could be Perfection?

"It was posted on the website this morning. The same one I told you about," Naomi said. She wasn't helping at all.

My eyes watered when I saw the video that was posted. It showed the old me. The naïve girl who loved her boyfriend so much that she agreed to meet up with him in a secluded area on her birthday. I had arrived at the place we had decided to meet and saw that he'd organised a little celebration. I was beyond happy.

That day I was so shocked to see our whole class there, but I didn't dwell on it because I thought he invited them to celebrate my birthday.

Only, my dreams got crushed when I saw him kiss another girl and officially ask her to be his girlfriend. He even wished her a happy belated birthday. The worst part was that she was Perfection, the person I got close to. When I'd asked him what was going on, he had told me that he was breaking up with me and he thought he'd made it obvious already.