S P E C I A L ➡ First Date

I love you guys very much and thanks for making me reach over 3k votes. If you read my final note, you'll know that I mentioned snow by mistake in the last chapter. THERE. IS. NO. SNOW!

I don't usually do this but...

Special part:

My mother put the flower brooch in my hair and did the finishing touches. She looked super serious while doing my hair, and I could see this because the vanity mirror gave me a clear display of what she had been doing. She gazed at me through the mirror and for the first time, I could identify the fondness.

We had been working on our relationship and I could say things were going great. After Levi sent me the package and showed up at my doorstep, he had made sure to spend each day with me. It would be a lie if I claimed I didn't love being his girlfriend.

I didn't know if I was bad with relationships or not, but Levi was way better than Wyatt. I should have seen the signs earlier. But that was in the past and I didn't want to dwell on it. It was better if I embraced my present and as Dr Brody mentioned, the world was not perfect.

Today was the day I'd be going on my first date with Levi, and as he said, hopefully, it would be a gateway for more. It was both exciting and scary, truth be told

"You look beautiful, Debbie!" Mother stated as she helped me stand up. I'd been sitting there for a while and my butt felt like it was gonna fall off, and this was me being serious.

"Thank you, but-"

"Shush! What did Dr Brody say?"

"I should embrace who I am and what I am because it is what makes me Debra Tierney; a unique girl," I recited the words the psychiatrist told me to say each morning when I look at myself in the mirror.

Mother stroked my cheek with a smile and nodded approvingly. "That's right. Don't forget that. I'll be in the backyard with your father, okay?" She gazed at me expectantly and I nodded. She left the master bedroom and I followed suit, headed to my room. As I walked past Cassidy's room, I heard loud music coming from the inside. She was with her friend from college.

Levi was expected to get here at about 10 AM. He never explained why the date had to start so early but I trusted him, so I didn't question it. Lying atop my bed and possibly ruining my hairstyle, I thought about the things that happened during the past few days. It was just a while ago when Levi showed up and asked me to be his girlfriend. Everything felt great - honestly.

I went to stand at my bedroom window and stared outside. There was no movement on this quiet street, except for a few cars that passed by occasionally. It wasn't long before a familiar vehicle stopped in front of my home and Levi stepped out.

For a while there, I was shocked to see him, especially knowing the reason behind his appearance. I don't know how, but he must have sensed he was being watched because our eyes met.

His emerald gaze lingered on me for a brief moment before a smile stretched on his pink lips. I smiled sheepishly and decided it was best to get away from the window or else I'd stay glued to my spot the whole morning.

I was wearing a pair of black jeggings, a white spaghetti strap top and a flannel shirt. The outfit was finished with a pair of heeled high tops. Yes, this wasn't something I usually wore but I had purchased it while accompanying Maya to the mall.

The new girl from New Zealand, remember?

"Mother, I'm going now!" I shouted and heard her say a quick 'have fun' from the back porch.

Shrugging, I excitedly exited the house to see my handsome boyfriend waiting for me. My pace slowed down because I didn't want to seem too excited and just walked up to him.