~ 21 ~

"Mother," I called out as I entered the kitchen. Mother was leaning against the island, the daily paper spread out on the countertop. "I want to talk to you."

Mother gave me a confused face as she ate a bran muffin from her personal stash. It was ten minutes to nine in the morning and I was waiting for Zeke to pick me up for our supposed date. Zeke had told me he couldn't wait for today while we were departing from our Art room yesterday and a student heard him - unfortunately.

The correct thing to say at the moment was that the news moved fast. It even reached my sister who had continuously asked me about it last night, but I was too busy doing some early studying to pay attention. Everyone at school knew about it and I didn't have to worry about Levi because he heard it from me.

People started recognising me in the hallways and I loathed it because they instantly figured out I was the girl in the video. Staying invisible was extremely difficult now.

"About what?" Mother lazily raised her eyebrows, not looking bothered in the slightest.

"Everything and anything. It's important to me, Mother, and I hope we can talk later," I said as my gaze fell to the floor, awaiting her disinterested response.

She looked like she was still not understanding me but shrugged in response. With a smile on my face, I walked over to her and pulled her into an abrupt hug. She let out a yelp and hesitantly hugged me back. I was determined to improve our relationship.

"Why the sudden affection?" she asked as soon as I released her from my embrace, confusion laced in her voice.

"I felt like doing it. I'm in a good mood right now," I remarked and the doorbell echoed in the house right after. "I'm going out now," the words left my lips and she arched a brow before nodding. I was, at least, hoping she would ask where I was headed.

My legs carried me to the living room and I turned to go to the front door. "Well, you look ready for your date," a cold voice stated behind me and I froze. I turned around to see Cassidy seated on the couch, the light from the lamp on the side table dramatically hitting her face as she rested her elbow on the armrest; her leg crossed over the other.

All the curtains were closed so the place was pretty dark.

"I thought you were going to school to join your study group," I said, momentarily getting creeped out by the whole scene. This scene was too familiar with what transpired in movies.

"Well, I chose not to. I don't see a problem. Do you?"

There was a brief silence.

"No, I don't see one. It's your choice."

"You're right. But it wasn't my choice to get born first. Am I not supposed to get first dibs on the boys? I mean, they are my age," she spoke firmly but her voice cracked in the end. Yes, she was still going through her breakup and this was a usual thing. One moment she'd be happy and nice and one moment she'd be the total opposite of all that. It gave me the feeling she was on her periods.

I wanted to approach her but the doorbell rang once again. "I'll see you later," I let out before going to the front door. Zeke smiled widely the moment he saw me.

"You look great today," he told me and I mumbled a soft 'thanks, you too' as we neared his car. He looked formal and stunning. We climbed in and I buckled my seatbelt, excited and prepared to see his works. I was dressed in a simple dress and my short ankle strap heels. It was my only pair of heels.

"Did you eat breakfast already?"

"Yes," I answered. Today I woke up at 5 AM and found it hard to regain my sleep so I did everything early.