~ 16 ~

It took all of me not to take out the phone that was vibrating endlessly in my pocket. Adjusting the hood of my black hoodie, I casually entered the school building. Stupid or not, I was planning on wearing all black until everyone forgot last week's incident. The attention didn't make me comfortable so I started wearing black to blend in.

It didn't fool every single one of them because, seriously, who wears all black and hides their face the whole day? No normal person would do that. But I didn't care about that. It, at least, made me feel less self-conscious.

It was currently Wednesday. Exactly five days since I properly spoke with Levi. And how did that happen exactly?

After Levi kissed me and complimented me, I lost my cool and freaked out. Which lead to me rushing out of his house and running into his father at the front door. His father had asked me what was going on and I'd told him his son would explain, saying something along the lines of 'Good evening, Sir. Levi will explain what happened. I'll be going home now. I hope you had a great day.'

Levi tried to go after me but his father stopped him at the door. Of course, I was walking but immediately began running when I turned around the corner, heading straight to my street. The kiss was amazing and I wasn't gonna tell myself otherwise. I just freaked out and lost all rational thoughts. I didn't know what he thought of me and would be lying if I said it wasn't constantly in my mind.

Did he kiss me out of pity?

If so, then I truly pitied myself.

I had a crush on Levi and only realised that when he kissed me. This wasn't one of those cliché times where a girl would realise her feelings for someone at the end of the story. This was my reality. There was a problem though. I carried feelings for Zeke as well.

It was sucky and it had me thinking a lot. They were two attractive twelfth graders who would never like me back. What was it called again? Unrequited love? Was this even love? No, it was definitely too early to use that strong word. After what happened to me, I didn't know if I knew what the thing called love was.

It was just a word that people misused.

I was avoiding Levi a lot and it was difficult because we both had Statistics. On Monday he was at my locker and I decided to go to class without the textbook, claiming to have forgotten it at home. The teacher let it slide because I wasn't a bother in the classroom.

On Tuesday he tried speaking to me in class but I acted like I couldn't hear a thing, thankful he was two rows away from me. He'd arrived early to class that day, hoping to get an opportunity to talk to me, but I stood outside the door and waited for most of the class to get there.

It was wrong but I couldn't face him. I didn't regret what happened that night and was afraid he'd tell me he didn't mean for it to happen. How would I react?

Yesterday he sent me a text message, saying he wanted to talk. You guessed it, he never got a reply from me because I read it from the notification panel.

And I still hadn't figured out who hated me to the point of leaking that terrible video. It hurt more than anything else.

My eyes were focusing on my worn-out sneakers as I walked down the hall - my left hand playing with the strings of my hoodie while the other held a travel mug. Tea was my retreat during this rough time.

A force made me glance up and I saw Briella standing two lockers away from mine, conversing with an unfamiliar girl. Wait... it was Naomi? The latter had confusion written all over her face. It made me nervous.

Oh, my fudge brownies! What should I do now?

A smile formed on my lips when I recalled that I had the books for my first class in my bag. I had taken them home because the teacher had given us a lot of homework. Quickly turning around, my feet led me in a different direction.