Final Note & Explanation

Hello there!

Thank you so much for making it this far. It means a lot to me. I hope this story conveyed the message I wanted it to give. Everyone deserves happiness and peace. They say patience is key and it took Debbie long enough to realise that. No matter how hard times may be, good days will surely come. I know what I'm talking about.

2019 was a very hard year for me but here I am, still living and still smiling. I kept a positive mindset most of the time and disregarded my insecurities and anxiety. I'm hoping everyone is safe out there and you're still fighting. Because, believe me, your good days are just around the corner.

Debbie found her happiness in Levi. She found the care she sought in Levi. And it did take a long time for them to meet. So hang in there, you'll find your happiness too. We learn from our past mistakes and you're still here because you didn't neglect reality. So let's stay positive.

And I don't mean we should test positive for covid-19 okay? Don't misinterpret my words! 😂

Stay safe!

I want to thank every single one of you for commenting and voting. But most importantly, I'd like to thank you guys for reading. That's the best part. These few words may not be enough to express my gratitude but trust me when I say I love you guys and I appreciate your support.

EXPLANATION:

I don't know if it was confusing or not, but to those who didn't notice, Debbie was narrating the whole story to her psychiatrist. I did drop a hint in chapter 46 when she asked to use the restroom.

In the final chapter, I used [°°°] as a time stamp. If you haven't noticed, I did use it at the very beginning of the story where she was saying 'never believe your best friend will always be there' and blah blah blah. It shows that she was just starting to tell the story to her psychiatrist. It was also used when she was asking for the toilet in chapter 46. This kind of stamp separated the present from the past.

But it's obvious she didn't know about the parts where Levi was with his friends. That was just me trying to give you a little light on what Levi had been doing.

Throughout the book, I used [***] as a timestamp to separate scenes. It was a way to show that things these things were happening in the past. I hope you understand. I also found it suitable to write this book in the past tense.

Edit: I just realised that in the last chapter I mentioned it was snowing. Which is ridiculous because the state they are living in has a warm and nice climate. Anyway, people didn't notice so I won't be changing it. It's fiction after all.

FACTS:

1. Debbie was originally London so I was wondering what her pet name would be - Donnie or Lonnie? And I realised I didn't know a celeb with that name so I just settled with Debbie and Demi Lovato.

2. Levi was originally Kayden Stone (I have an obsession with the name Kayden)

3. Kaleb was meant to die but I made his mother die instead.

I HAD a tough time choosing between daisies and tulips in the final chapter. But ended up going with a daisy. As Debbie mentioned, it symbolises new beginnings and purity. So it meant she would have a new beginning with Levi. I found it cute.

Many writers on this platform prefer making playlists for their books but I believe flowers can talk about a story too.

The following flowers are relevant to my book:

DAISY (Bellis Perennis)

Etymology-Old English dæges ēage, "day's eye," because it opens in the morning and closes at night.

Symbolism-Innocence, purity, new beginnings, loyal love

TULIP (Tulipa)

Etymology-From French tulipe, tracing back to the Persian word dulband, "turban," after the shape of the bloom.

Symbolism-True love, hope, royalty, declaration of love

ROSE (Rosa)

Etymology-Rose comes from French translating to "pink."

Symbolism-Love, passion

CARNATION (Dianthus caryophyllus)

Etymology-Some scholars believe it comes from "coronation," as it was one of the flowers used for Greek ceremonial crowns.

Symbolism-Love, admiration, good fortune

LILY (Lilium)

Etymology-Derived from Latin lilia which may have come from a corrupted pronunciation of a word from an extinct Eastern Mediterranean language.

Symbolism-Humility, devotion, restored innocence after death

HYDRANGEA (Hydrangea macrophylla)

Etymology-From Greek húdōr, "water," and ángos, "jar or vessel," after the shape of its seed pods.

Symbolism-Gratitude, honesty, deep understanding

I found this fascinating and thought I could share it with y'all. Plus my username says it all. Hehe😁

Thanks for reading.
Started around September 2020.
Finished 13 January 2021.
Finished republishing 14 Aug 2021.
Finished republishing (again) 11 December 2022. To think I deleted 18 chapters this time!!!
Until we meet again, everyone!