Chapter Seven

Val was the first one awake and I felt his arms reached over to me as he lightly pulled me close. I then moved closer to him and started slowly awakening.

"Good morning V." Val said softly.

I turned slightly towards Val with a smile on my face. "Good morning to you too."

Val kissed my cheek as we both sat up in bed.

"You still wanna train with me?" I asked.

"Yes of course, it's really been helping and I enjoy the outfit you wear." Val replied with a smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and blushed, "Oh god, please... the twins helped with that."

Val giggled, "I figured, I know you wouldn't choose that on your own. They did do a good job though, it does get hot and I'm sure it helps keep you cool."

I nodded and got up. "Hey um... so how do we go about telling the group about us? You know?"

"Oh shit, I didn't even think about that. I don't think anyone knew about me, you on the other hand maybe? We'll figure it out." Val explained.

I nodded and started to changed into my training outfit.

"Oh, umm... my bad. Do you want me to leave?" Val started to say.

"No it's ok just, don't judge me ok? I don't know if you know what I'm trying to say. I'm just really insecure. Kinda stupid really." I said.

Val's facial expression then changed drastically. "Listen to me. I'm never going to judge you. I know that you know I judge other people a lot, but I've never done that to you or ever will! I hope you know you're beautiful and nothing could ever change that. I love you for you and that hardly includes your physical appearance."

I didn't even know what to say. So all that came out was somewhat nearly aggressive. Even if I didn't mean it to be.

"You truly think that?" I questioned, tilting my head to the side slightly.

"Geesus Venom... who told you that you weren't? Who let you believe that?" Val asked with a slight concern in his voice.

"No one out here, but back in the city I was always bullied in school as a kid. Even as I got older it still happened. I've just never been able to see myself as 'pretty' since I was a young kid." I replied, shrugging my shoulders and giving a small smile.

"You just, said that like it was nothing? How can you just go this long and pretend it doesn't impact you?" Val asked.

I waved my hand, "I don't know, I'm just over it now."

"Well they're wrong. I promise you. I know you may see differently, but to me you're beautiful inside and out." Val explained.

Val then put his hand on my cheek as I reached up my hand to meet his.

I smiled, "Thank you..."

Val smiled and kissed me softly. "You're welcome. Never forget what I told you, because it's true."

I smiled and kissed Val back while Val giggled.

"Well, guess I should change now." I said.

Val nodded and out of respect turned around.

"I said it's ok..." I laughed.

"I know but I still want to be respectful. Plus there's a mirror I think I'm good." Val replied with a wink.

I felt my face get hot, I didn't even realize that. "OH MY GOD!"

Val just laughed as I threw my jacket at him. He then just used it to cover his eyes and I quickly changed.

"Alright Val I'm done." I said.

Val took the jacket down from his face and as I was walking out the door he threw it at me.

"ASSHOLE!" I shouted.

"Oh I know!" Val screamed back.

I waited for Val to catch up and we entered the kitchen as everyone watched us.

"What?" I said.

"No fucking way." Volume said.

The whole group then broke into a smile.

"Val are you for real right now?" Vamos exclaimed.

Val rolled his eyes, "What does it look like?"

Vaya then looked over to me and I just threw them a smile. "OH HE'S SO FOR REAL AND SO IS VENOM!"

"Took you long enough dumbass!" Vinyl laughed.

Val sighed, "Shut up. I know. I just didn't wanna rush her or anything you know?"

The twins came up to me asking me tons of questions and how I figured it out. I told them I was just listening to what my heart and what my body was saying. Something emotions didn't need explaining. They were happy for me and I was thankful that I had their support.

"We knew you were special the moment you became a part of our group. Val doesn't keep people around so we were curious as to why. We knew it had to be for one reason. He really liked you! So we were excited when you joined us." Vaya explained.

"Yeah, we knew if we kept you around that Val would eventually come to his senses and realize he liked you in a different and deeper way. We also saw your kindness and knew he'd eventually learn from you. Which he did! I guess we owe you a thank you for changing him. He needed it." Vamos added.

"Geez thanks guys." Val replied rolling his eyes.

I laughed, "HA! They called you out, but you're welcome. I wouldn't have it any other way."

Everyone came in for a group hug. I felt truly at home now. I was finally where I belonged.

"Hey I still have to give him lessons you guys..." I said.

"Shit that's right. Sorry! Off you two go." Volume replied.

I smiled as Val took my hand as we walked out the door.