Chapter Twelve

The next day everyone had to go back to their daily. Shooting Dracs, eating, causing chaos, etc. Val eventually got Venom to remember her exact birthday and it was coming within three days. He knew what he had to do so he once again told Venom to take care of the group while he went off to find her a gift. Val knew exactly what to get her too, he knew no matter what, she'd love it. Val knew it was going to be expensive but his extra carbons were worth it. He also had another surprise planned for Venom's birthday. He could hardly wait though, he loved her and was impatient about it. Val loved seeing the way Venom smiled when she was genuinely excited about something or when she saw him. Val knew he should tell Venom about the bet but there wasn't a time for it anymore. He knew it wasn't fair but he didn't want to mess with her emotions anymore than he already did in the past with the teasing. Val didn't understand how Venom put up with him, but that just shows her patience and kindness. He soon was able to find her the perfect gift and headed back to the base to sneak it in the garage. Not long after the rest of the group came back and once again, Venom leaped into his embrace as she saw him.

"I missed you!" I screeched.

Val pulled her close and hugged her, "I've missed you too."

"Geez, can you two be away from each other without getting mopey or lonely?" Vinyl asked.

"Ugh, what a stupid question to ask! Of course they can't!" Vamos scoffed.

"Yeah look at them! All affectionate and shit!" Vaya added.

Vinyl just rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Hey Venom and I are going to bed early." Val said.

"What? We are..." I replied shocked.

Val covered her mouth lightly, "I have some things to discuss with her."

Venom was so confused but went with it, she said goodnight to everyone and left.

"Don't be too loud if you know what I mean!" Volume shouted.

"Volume shut up! That's NOT what I meant!" Val shouted back.

I giggled, but then asked why he brought her back to the room. "Val what?"

"Shh we're gonna go on a night ride later and I'll take you to a place I used to go to when I needed space." Val said.

"Oh wow really?" I said, excitement in my voice.

"Yeah, you're my girlfriend. You deserve to know where this is. Especially if we wanna sneak out and meet here. Just come, I have to show you." Val said.

We snuck to the garage and I hopped on the back of his motorcycle while holding onto Val's waist. We then sped off. Moments later Val sped up again and I could feel the cool desert air blowing through my hair more. It felt so freeing, I longed for the day I'd be able to afford a motorcycle. We continued to travel for a while before Val started slowing down. It was further than we'd ever gone before and on the very edge of zone six.

"Hey sweetheart, we're here." Val said as he stopped.

I hopped off and looked around and it took me a moment to notice my surroundings. I looked up at the stars and smiled. I never wanted this feeling to go. It was freeing and hardly any Dracs were ever seen around zone six at these ungodly hours.

"Come here!" Val exclaimed.

I came over to where Val was sitting. It took me a moment to realize I was on a little mountain-like structure.

"Wow this is beautiful! What's so special about this place?" I questioned.

"This is my special place, no one else knows about it and if they did I'd try and keep them away. I just come up here to think or escape." Val explained.