Chapter Seventeen

"Val come on, don't make me drag your ass back home. We shot enough Dracs today. We can't throw ourselves into EVERY fight." I said as I grabbed Val's wrist.

"Oh fine, only because you're here to keep me grounded." Val replied.

"Hey Val, can we go to that huge abandoned building in zone two?" Vaya asked.

"We have nothing better to do, so why not." Val shrugged.

I raised her eyebrows, "A whole building? This must be a huge ass place."

"Yeah it's like three floors. Batt City at least left us SOMETHING to explore." Val replied.

The group then got in their bikes and headed to zone two. It was dangerous but again, Val and I were ready to fight to the death so no one was really scared. The group got there and I gasped. How did I miss this? I've never seen a building like this out here in the zones.

"I'll race you to the top!" I shouted as I got off the back of Val's bike.

"Alright it's on!" Val replied.

I then ran to one stairwell and Val the other. I lost because I hardly ever went up steps and my legs were smaller than his, but I met Val at the top only seconds later.

"Ha, I beat you!" Val exclaimed.

I laughed, "Oh fuck off, I tried."

We then looked down from the building and looked around. Everything was beautiful from up here. It was a very freeing feeling for them both. We knew at this moment everything was perfect. We were both happy and felt as if we could take on the world.

I smiled, "We did it Val. We did it!"

"What do you mean?" Val questioned.

"We're both happy and we made a life for ourselves even if it does kinda suck out here." I explained.

Val then hugged me, "We sure did love, we did."

We sat down on the roof as the wind blew, but the amazing feeling we both had didn't last long.

"Val something is wrong. I don't know what it is, but I have this gut feeling!" I said, starting to panic.

Val looked around, that's when he saw Dracs and not just random ones, Korse was with them.

"SHIT! IT'S KORSE WITH DRACS!" Val screamed.

"Oh god, we have to get everyone out of here! You take the third floor and I got the second. Make everyone meet on the first floor as soon as possible." I instructed.

Val nodded and we both rushed down the stairs. "Guys! Where are you! If you can hear me, get to the first floor right now! Don't ask, just do as I say!"

I then frantically searched the long hallways and checked for the V's. I found Volume and told him to get to the first floor.

"What about you?!" Volume exclaimed.

"I'll be fine, just go!" I shouted back.

I then searched for more of my group members. I wouldn't have been as worried if Korse wasn't here. He was the top exterminator of Battery City who had an excellent kill percentage. I was slowly making my way down to the first floor after clearing the third floor. I was careful because I knew Dracs could show up anywhere. Unfortunately I didn't realize how quickly Korse could find me. I turned a corner and was tripped. I jumped up to see Korse standing there with two Dracs behind him. He then dismissed them and kicked the gun out of my hand somehow. All I had left was Kobra's skills. Which I did well with but I also knew Korse also knew them. It was useless at this point. Korse then managed to get a hold on me as I struggled against him. He threatened to shoot me then and there if I kept resisting. I then realized I had to give in. I absolutely hated this.