Chapter Fifteen

The next morning I awoke as I used to before this whole mess. I met Val out in the kitchen for breakfast. Everyone eventually got caught up and I told them everything was fine now. I also apologized for being so stupid but they didn't care. They understood what I could've been feeling that day. After explaining and talking about my last couple days with the Fab Four, I could feel that everyone was excited to be together again. Before we left we all agreed to have no more secrets, for the sake of not falling apart.

"Uh, we're missing one key point guys." Volume pointed out.

"That is?" Vinyl questioned, easing his eyebrows.

Volume then pointed to the ring on my finger.

"Oh! Yeah, I totally forgot about all that." Val exclaimed.

"Oh and I got a motorcycle! I can finally ride with you guys! I'm beyond excited."  Venom giggled.

"HOLY SHIT VAL! I knew you were getting a ring but HOW DID YOU GET THIS?" Volume asked.

"The guy said to just take it, he understood how important and special Venom is. I paid him five carbons anyway, but he just let me have it." Val explained.

The twins were so excited, "My goodness it's beautiful!" Vaya exclaimed.

Val smiled, "Yeah, I had to pick the very best for my girl."

I blushed and admired the ring again. It truly was gorgeous. After some more small talk and excitement, Vinyl walked in with stuff to throw a huge engagement party with.

"Alright, so I guess we've gotta throw you a party now. Which means we can get drunk!" Vamos screeched.

"Dear god." Val said.

"Don't worry I'll handle them." Venom laughed.

"If you say so. Good luck." Val smirked.

Yeah that didn't end up going well for me. We set up the party and a shit ton of people came. Everyone was excited for us and whatnot but word got out extremely fast and people wanted to know everything about us. Specifically me and how I was able to "tame" him. I explained I didn't know or understand. I just showed him basic human decency. Of course people were skeptical and unfortunately we had our moments where people were disrespectful. Yet that never stopped us and only fueled our fire. Eventually it got to a point where people would show up just to watch us shoot dracs. Especially young kids and teenagers, as if we weren't young adults ourselves.

It wasn't always easy being Val's fiancé but we learned from each other and Val was becoming a huge fan of my protective side. He said it was hot, which I disagreed with. I was just protecting the man I loved. Yet sometimes the protection went too far, it was our best and worst qualities. Over time spent together we learned our best and worst traits. For one Val wouldn't let me out of his sight literally ever. It was getting harder and harder to see the Fab Four at night so eventually I just brought it up. He was semi-upset at first but then realized we all had to go through all the trouble just to see them. He thought we saw them on our off days, or rather the days him and I were training. Which we didn't do much of anymore anyway. Regardless, Val eventually came to his senses and called a meeting for the group. He explained that we're now free to see the Fab Four, whenever we pleased. I was pleasantly surprised, but I wasn't about to ask questions. I knew he didn't like it, but he knew it would take some extra weight off our shoulders having to sneak around.

"Holy shit. Is this the Val Velocity we know? Hello?" Vaya exclaimed.

"Listen, I'm only doing this because Venom explained and it would take extra weight off your shoulders. Plus, it would make her happy. That's all I really wanna see. I also kinda feel like I shouldn't be too much of an asshole to any of them anymore." Val explained.