Chapter Sixteen

"Venom time to get up sweetheart." Val said as he lightly shook me awake.

"My love, I'm tired, I want the day off..." I replied.

Val turned to look at me, "My love?"

"Mmm don't worry about it... you're still that to me." I mumbled as I started to awaken.

I then heard Val shout. "Venom and I are taking the day off. Don't get ghosted and Volume is in charge."

Val then walked back into the room, "Take the day off sweetheart."

"Val I didn't mean..." I tried to say before being cut off.

"Shh, I didn't want to do anything today either. Plus we haven't had a day to ourselves since everything happened." Val explained.

"I don't fucking deserve you." I said.

Val sat down next to me, "Love hush. We've been over this. Please stop, it's me who doesn't deserve you. I'm hardly anything like you."

"That's not what I see though. Last night I saw a side of you that I've never seen. You treated that little girl so well. It made my heart melt" I tried to say without blushing but ultimately failed.

Val kissed my forehead lightly, "Sweetheart, you're acting as if I didn't also admire you with her last night as well. Listen, we have all of our lives to figure things out. I want to experience everything with you and only you."

"Valentine..." I responded back, placing a kiss on Val's cheek.

Using his real name nearly felt foreign. Even if his killjoy one wasn't that far off. I then took off my jacket and jewelry. Val sighed and took off his jacket as well. Val then wrapped his hand around me as I gasped at his touch. I wasn't used to being held by the waist. I did it all the time to Val but only because I was tiny and because sometimes I just had too. Especially when I rode with him on his motorcycle, so I had no idea why it was so hard for me to get used to Val's touch there.

"Shh, it's ok. I know you're not used to it but know I'm not gonna hurt you." Val whispered.

"It's ok my love, I'll get used to it. Just do it more often I guess." I replied.

Val laughed, "I sure will."

Val then moved his hands a little further up, I could feel my heart race and I'm sure Val felt me silently gasp.

"Sensitive much?" Val asked.

I knew then and there Val knew what he was doing, "I..."

Val snickered and pulled Venom closer as he moved his hand even further. I wasn't getting uncomfortable, but this was a whole new experience. I wasn't sure if I could physically handle it.

"Val..." I said, my voice slightly shaking.

"Sweetheart shh." Val replied as he started kissing my neck.

I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks once again as Val continued what he was doing. Soon enough I could see where this was going. I gave him permission as he asked, which was extremely important for him to do. At least for me, and he knew that.

(You guys can hopefully infer where this went. I'm not writing this shit HELL NO. I'm good.)

An hour later...

"I love you" Val said as he kissed me harshly.

"I love you always and forever will." I replied, kissing Val back.

We fell asleep and didn't wake back up until the rest of the group returned. They came to check on us but Val was just in his boxers. Luckily I got into my sleeping outfit but anyone with common sense could take one look at Val and put two and two together.

"Oh... ok you guys are fine!" Vaya said laughing.

"HEY!" I exclaimed as I jumped up and ran out after them.

Word didn't take long to spread. By the time Val made his way out of our room, dressed thankfully, everyone gave him a look.

Val crossed his arms, "So you guys are all gonna sit here and judge me? I've got the most beautiful fiancé, you guys really think I could control-"

"Ok Val, we get it." I said as I turned to him and smacked his arm.

The whole group burst out laughing, well I mean- at least I didn't have to say anything more. After the playful banter, we all went to our respective places. It was time for us to sleep again, although Val and I went up to the roof to stargaze for half the night. I fell asleep eventually and felt Val carry me inside. I remained asleep until the next morning. The next day everyone woke up and did the daily tasks of killing Dracs and messing around. Life was good for all of them, especially now that they could see the Fab Four. Val still wasn't fond of them but he put up with them for me. The girl grew increasingly close with me as the Ultra V's returned night after night. The girl also bonded with Val from time to time. Val tried to avoid getting attached but couldn't help it sometimes. This went on for weeks, which turned into months. Soon Val and I started planning a huge celebration for our wedding. We decided to wait until Batt City was gone before ever having a proper one. Didn't mean that we couldn't celebrate though.

Once we planned the celebration, Vaya and Vamos helped us pick out outfits and people from all over the zones came to congratulate us. Although not officially married, to everyone out there we were. With the announcement of our wedding finally taking place, we became the talk of the zones. Stories spread about us and our ruthlessness towards Dracs, which was true but we didn't want that to get out since we knew it would make us a target. Which it did. If everyone knew us out there, so did Battery City. We made a name for ourselves and we knew Batt City put a target on our backs. Other than that, Val and I being popular didn't bother us too much. Until eventually as more days went by, more and more Dracs were sent after us when we went on missions. It didn't stress us out since we had amazing kill percentages, but we had no idea what was coming. We both weren't prepared and nothing would ever be the same.