Chapter Fourteen

After that night, Kobra invited me to stay with them. I immediately accepted. I missed my friends dearly and was excited to see them again. They were all upset when I told them what happened and proceeded to comfort me, even if I felt bad I kinda dragged them into this mess. I told them not to worry. I'd be ok, even though my heart hurt for some stupid reason. Throughout the next couple days the Fab Four invited me on missions and apparently I was a great add on. They said if I wanted to become a part of their group I still could. I said I'd think about it for another day, not sure what held me back but something did. The next day didn't go as planned though. Kobra and I were riding around the Zone's when we saw the Ultra V's, but only Val. He seemed to be looking for something, or someone. I knew it too. I didn't know what happened but at that moment I asked Kobra to stop. I asked him if that was Val and I led him to where I saw him. He was sitting on a rock and seemed to be stressed.

"Yeah that's him, why?" Kobra asked. "You're not going up to him are you?"

"Absolutely not!" I exclaimed.

All of a sudden I started running towards Kobra's motorcycle and Kobra didn't know what was going on until he saw me get on his bike. His facial expression changed quickly and I knew he realized I wasn't going to him because I wanted him back, I was going towards him because I was going to kill him. I knew Kobra had never seen me like this before and he started running as fast as he could to catch up. I reached Val and after the dust disappeared I walked up to Val.

"Oh my god, Venom..." Val said.

I didn't even give him a chance to speak, I pushed him back and pinned him to the ground with the gun against his head.

"Give me one good fucking reason why I shouldn't shoot you right here." I said.

"Venom please I still love you. I never meant to hurt you or for it to go this far I promise! All those nights, do they mean nothing to you? That night in my secret spot, that meant NOTHING?" Val screamed.

I didn't say anything but all the feelings from that night came rushing back, but I shook away the thoughts and continued to hold the gun to Val's head while tears formed in my eyes. Kobra then arrived at the horrid sight. He may not like Val, but he couldn't watch Val die by the hands of someone he knew he still loved, and by someone who still loved him, even if I didn't know it.

"NO WAIT! VENOM WAIT!" Kobra shouted.

"WHAT? Come on Kobra. I know you still want this!" I shouted back.

I saw Kobra look at Val. I felt Val get tense. I knew he didn't like the fact Kobra was there. "Venom, please lower the gun. Don't make the same mistake I did! Please..."

"WHY HE..." I started to say before I was cut off by Kobra.

"VENOM LOOK AT HIM! He still loves you! He truly does genuinely love you! I may have hated him at one point too, but look at him. I thought when I heard what happened I- I thought he didn't change but I can see it now, he's changed and it's because of YOU!" Kobra screeched.

I slowly lowered my gun and looked into Val's eyes. Something in me broke the moment we made eye contact. Yes he hurt me, killed my best friend, and quite frankly the first man I loved. (Although he was to never know that.) I then felt completely numb. I realized then and there I had become what he once was and I didn't want that. Cause I know what it would cost. I dropped my gun and fell back, starting to shake before eventually I started to cry myself.

I curled up into a ball and looked to Val who was somewhat crying and I went over to him. "Val, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said anything I said, I regret everything. I truly can't imagine a life without you. I truly still do love you but I was so hurt and angry I get if you don't want anything to do with me anymore. It's your choice but Val I'm so sorry I..."

I then couldn't speak anymore. I just kept weeping, it did NOT help that I was asthmatic. I had trouble breathing especially with all these emotions running through me. I knew what I did was wrong and Val won't ever forget it, but I'll never forget what he did either, so it was even in a way, but I knew what I did still wasn't right.

Val then came closer to me and moved my hair that was covering my tear stained face. "I'm sorry too..." Val replied.

I then sobbed even more, "Val... will you ever forgive me? I forgive you, just please be honest with me and everyone ok? I love you so much still, you're still my world. I'm so sorry Val, let me fix this, let.."

I was cut off by Val's hand in mine and I felt him lift my chin up. He then ever so gently placed a kiss on my lips. As soon as I felt his lips on mine my body took over. There wasn't any denying the chemistry we had. I near exploded in that moment and of course I kissed him back harder as I cried. I gasped for air but kissed him again. His body moving with mine. Yearning for his touch again, craving his comfort and embrace. Val did the same and when we broke the kiss, I fell into him and he caught me as he once did many times before.

"I love you Venom Shot. I love you. God I'm so sorry. This was all my fault." Val replied, wiping his own tears.

I looked up to Val, "It's not ALL your fault. I said some things I shouldn't have, knowing I don't mean them. I was just so hurt, I didn't have control."

"Sweetheart come here, I know you were and I shouldn't have been so affected. I know you didn't mean them." Val replied.

I moved myself into Val's arms as he wrapped them around me. I knew Val could feel me shaking. He then held me tighter and kissed my head.

"Hey... you're ok. I'm here now, I'm here. Everything is going to be ok. I won't ever let anything happen to you or let you go again. You're ok now, I've got you." Val whispered.

I then could see Kobra smiling and wiping his eyes in the background and I wanted to laugh but I was too much of a mess to do anything but weep in the moment.

"Let's get you home." Val said. "Where you belong."

I nodded and smiled slightly through tears. Val then picked me up and carried me bridal style back to the base while I nuzzled into him. I felt safe once again and Kobra smiled at me as I mouthed the words "thank you" before he disappeared.

As we walked in, everyone's jaw dropped. The twins were the first to greet me.

"SHIT, where have you-  we missed you, but how did you? This should be good..." Vaya said.

"Listen, it's OK. We're ok now, we're on good terms obviously." I replied.

"Val, how..." Vamos exclaimed.

Val sighed, "We worked it out, alright? I'll explain later. Please give her space, she's shaken up"

"As much as I love and miss you all, I just want to be with Val right now..." I said.

Everyone nodded and Val led me to our old room and I laid down in the bed. Val then asked if it was ok if he laid next to me. My dumbass started crying again and nodded.

"Hey, shh. It's ok, I'm here now. I'm here." Val said.

"I love you, I love you, I-" was all I could say.

"I love you too sweetheart. Now please get some rest. You're tired, I just want you to be ok again." Val replied.

I couldn't control myself anymore. I just lightly grabbed Val and kissed him again. He started crying once again and kissed back. Val then held me close as I cried some more. I didn't even know why I was crying. I was just so happy to have him back after all this mess. Apparently I missed him, as much as I didn't wanna admit it. That was when I realized I never took off Val's bracelet or ring. That should've been a clear sign I still loved him deep down. He then noticed it too.

"You still kept my bracelet and ring on?" Val asked.

"Yeah... I guess I should've known. I couldn't take it off. That should've been a clear sign." I replied.

Val gave a small smile and went back to holding me. I kissed his cheek and nuzzled into him more as I heard Val's heart beat in his chest. If I was being honest, I missed falling asleep to it. It was soothing and made me feel at home and safe. Val WAS my home. I was always going to come back to him no matter what. I knew it for sure now.