Chapter Ten

Everyone's jaw dropped, and Volume spoke up. "Val you've only been a thing for a little bit. Also, you know that Batt City doesn't sell rings anymore! How the fuck you getting her one?"

Val rolled his eyes, "Volume, I can't lose this girl and we've known each other for nearly a year now. Plus, we could die at anytime out here. I want to die as hers! Also, I know of someone in the city who makes them still. I've heard about it from other people."

"Damn... ok but be careful! Going to Batt City is a suicide mission in itself!" Vaya exclaimed.

"Yeah I know but anything for Venom. I found the one person who I want to keep forever. I've also learned to love because of her. I need to protect her and keep her. I don't think you guys understand how much she means to me." Val explained.

"We're seeing it now, trust us. She also loves you too, like a lot." Vamos replied.

"Yeah she talks about you to us all the time!" Vaya added."

Val smiled, "Fuck, what did I do to deserve her?"

"Nothing." Volume joked.

"I literally hate you." Val replied teasingly.

The group stayed up for a while before everyone went to sleep. Val then snuck away and went to the roof before going to sleep. He hoped Venom would love the surprise he'd get her tomorrow. He thought about how lucky he was to find someone out here, and how much he didn't deserve it...

The next morning I awoke to find Val gone. I immediately jumped up and ran out the door. I looked around but he was nowhere to be found. I then went to the garage to see his motorcycle gone.

I was worried and panicked. I knew he said something about this last night but I didn't think he'd act on it. (Why I didn't think he'd act on it is beyond me) Regardless of the fact he said something, I wanted to cry. I didn't even didn't even get to say goodbye or see him off and tell him to be careful.

"Venom?" I heard Volume question.

"Oh hi, sorry I just..." I tried to respond.

"Hey, he does this. It's how he is. Never tells anyone when he leaves. I'm sure he just didn't want you to get worked up when left." Volume replied.

I wiped my tears away, "I know but I'm just worried regardless."

Volume smiled, "Hey, don't worry. I know he's gonna come back. Trust me, he loves you. He wouldn't abandon you."

I smiled back and thanked Volume for the comfort as we walked to the kitchen where Val left a note.

"Hey there she is!" Vaya shouted.

"The girl in charge for the day!" Vamos screeched, jumping over to me.

I gasped, "Oh shit. Forgot I was gonna have to do that."

"Yeah! He trusts you more than me." Volume laughed.

"I'm sure you're a good second leader too. You seem like you would be." I complemented.

Volume put his hands on his hips, "Mmm I try."

I laughed but then instructed everyone to eat and get ready. "I guess we gotta go out and shoot shit."

"Damn right. My question is, where do we go?" Vinyl asked.

"I'd say zone five, I've heard they've had the most issues." I said.

"Alright let's go!" Vaya replied.

So they did, they all had to walk, but it was nice to walk for once.