Chapter Four

Over the next few weeks the twins would wake me up to see the Fab Four once a week and they all enjoyed me explaining how they were seen in Battery City. I told them I'd tell them everything I could. I also understood this could be extremely beneficial. If they knew how they were viewed they could use it perhaps. In return Kobra offered to teach me a few things about combat. He said it would also be good to have a few other skills up my sleeve. I ended up picking up his lessons quickly. I even ended up teaching Kobra a few things about shooting. Not that he really needed it, but I felt like I should do something in return.

"You're so skilled! I wish I had multiple skill sets." Kobra said.

"Well it's all thanks to you." I replied, punching him lightly.

"Well, you have a point. I just wish that I would've met you sooner and whatnot." Kobra replied.

I sighed, "Me too."

We exchanged smiles and continued to practice. Every week I got better and better until finally I was able to outsmart Kobra. Didn't mean I was gonna stop training. Kobra seemed so proud of me, and I felt like this was where I was meant to be. It felt nice, I felt at home. Over the next month Kobra and I became good friends and some people even thought we were a "thing," but we always had to dismiss it. Poison especially wasn't taking no for an answer. I'll admit he was hot as shit, but I wasn't really concerned with those emotions at the time and barely understood it. I couldn't see myself as more than friends with him. Doesn't mean I wouldn't glance and admire him once in a while.

Now deep down Kobra wished she was his, but something kept him from asking. He knew there was someone out there who possibly had her heart already, but he didn't know who. He knew it was someone in the Ultra V's but trying to figure out who it was was difficult. She was close with them all. Regardless he made a promise to himself to always be there for her and protect her. She was special and he knew it. As many times as she denied it, he knew she was.

"Venom, come in with us! We got a party going on in here. Val takes one day a month to sleep in so we have an extra hour." Vamos shouted.

"Alright I'll be in!" I replied.

Kobra and I started walking in until Kobra saw someone in the distance, I looked towards them and recognized the figure to be Vinyl.

"Vinyl, what the hell are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well I woke up and you three were gone. I knew you had to be here. I could ask you the same." Vinyl replied.

"Well the twins have been doing this forever. I just started joining them since they're my friends now too. Please don't tell Val!" I begged."

"Vinyl nodded slightly, "Hmm interesting, but don't worry I won't. The Fab Four are friends of mine. I just don't see them anymore because of Val..."

Jet came outside to greet Vinyl. It was clear to Venom he was the closest to him. "Hey Vinyl! I haven't seen you in ages. Why don't you sneak out with the twins and Venom?"

"Cause I never thought of it before." Vinyl replied. "I think I'll start doing it. I'll see if I can get Volume here too."

"Damn not all of us sneaking out." Vamos said as they peaked their head out of the diner to see what was going on.

I gave a little giggle as I helped myself to the alcohol on the bar top. I had never seen the twins so excited. It was clear to me that they truly loved to be around others and help others have a good time. Their humor was also pretty good for a couple of rebels out in the desert. They were becoming my closest friends outside the Fab Four.

"Hey maybe we could do this more than once a week!" Ghoul suggested.

"Good idea how about twice? Maybe even three times if we work out how to time it right with Val's sleep schedule." Vamos replied.

I smiled and then turned to face everyone, "I'm glad I met each of you. It's not every day you find people to trust and people to have fun with. This is truly all new to me but I love it!"

"Aww well we love you!" Vaya screamed.

"Never really thanked you guys for teaching me everything I needed to know out here. This goes for all of you." I explained.

Everyone then embraced me all at once. One huge group hug if you will. Although as we know, all good things come to an end and soon we all had to go back. Somehow, over time it didn't just become three days. It was almost every day at this point. Vinyl convinced Volume to join and now he tagged along too.

Kobra and I became even closer than ever and even the Ultra V's kept asking if we were a couple but wouldn't admit to it. I said no of course and Kobra also backed me up. We just were close, Kobra felt more like a brother to me more than anything. Yet there were silent bets that we would date eventually but that wasn't ever going to be the case. (No one knew this though.)

In the times we weren't with the Fab Four, we spent our time training and me training Val. He would always watch my every move when I was teaching him. He was very attentive and we became close this way as well. I mean I had to spend time with him, but it was kinda fun if I really thought about it. However, when we weren't training we'd act like the other didn't exist. I knew I couldn't continue like this since so much was on the line. Surprisingly, within a few weeks Val and I become somewhat comfortable with each other's presence and personalities outside training. We realized we were alike in some ways and I worked with that. I actually began to tease him some days and he bantered with me back and forth. We shared a few good laughs and I was extremely glad we were on good terms now. Doesn't mean he didn't still intimidate me at times, but it wasn't in the same way as before. It was different but I didn't understand how or why. I again, wasn't about to tell anyone.

One night the V's wanted to throw a huge party. For what reason, who knew? They did this a few times within the year according to Volume. Especially if they wanted to steal alcohol in the process. Which was highly understandable.

"Val can we PLEASE invite the Fab Four?" Vamos begged.

"Vamos the fuck, we've been over this. No! You know I don't like Poison and he doesn't like me cause I'm an 'asshole' so no." Val replied.

I then got an idea, I knew it was risky but she felt like this was the least she could do. "Val I know you dislike them but please? They can't be that bad can they?"

I then gave Val a gentle look and walked closer to him delicately and ever so lightly. Val watched as I made my way over.

"Ugh fine, only since you're here. This is NOT going to become a thing after this. Everyone hear me?" Val replied.

The twins smiled at me as I smiled back. I felt a little bad though, so after I acknowledged my excitement to the group I ran after Val.

"Val?" I questioned.

Val sighed, "What now?"

"Hey, I'm sorry, I just heard a lot about them and I..." I tried to say.

"Don't worry about it. I just don't like them that much. That's all, I'm not mad at you." Val said, turning to face me with a soft smile.

I sighed, "Alright if you say so... I won't ask again..."

With that I left and went to help set up for this party. The Ultra V's as a whole never threw parties so I had no idea where this would go.