Chapter Nine

I was so excited the next morning to learn how to ride a motorcycle. I was awake before anyone, which was highly unusual but I lay still until I couldn't take it anymore. I sat up and slightly tried to shake Val awake.

"Val?" I asked.

Val moved slightly and awoke slowly, "Good morning."

"Good morning!" I replied, smiling and kissing him lightly.

"Are you ready for me to teach you how to ride a motorcycle?" Val asked.

I squealed with excitement, "HELL YEAH!"

Val giggled, "Alright, I'll send everyone out on a mission today and we can stay back to learn."

"Who's in charge when it's not you?" I asked.

"Well I would say you, but you're gonna be with me so Volume. He has the most potential." Val replied.

"Oh ok, makes sense." I said.

We made our way out to the garage. Val wrote a note and left it on the kitchen counter. He then returned with a helmet.

"Whose is that?" I asked.

"Someone gave it to me a long time ago and said, 'If you ever get a girlfriend she's gonna need this.' They didn't need it so they gave it to me." Val said.

I tilted my head to the side, "Has this... never been used?"

Val blushed a little, "No..."

"Wait so that means- but you had girls falling at your feet..." I tried to say.

"Doesn't mean I cared about any of them. They just like me because I'm attractive. They don't know how complicated I truly am. I hate how I am and I know that no girl would want that. Plus, I never liked them anyway. That all changed when you showed up. You had no prior knowledge about me, so when we first met, that was your impression." Val explained.

"Wow, I had no idea. To be honest, when I saw them doing that I got this feeling of anger and disappointment. I was thinking it was because I knew they could have an influence on you if you hung out around them but now I think it was because I was scared you were going to choose them over me and I didn't like that." I replied.

Val gasped, "Oh my god, you were jealous! You wouldn't have even realized that was happening back then. Shit, if I knew you felt that way I would've stopped doing it."

"Well it's in the past, forget about it and just teach me how to ride this thing!" I screeched.

Val rolled his eyes as he explained and went over everything about the motorcycle. He then told me to sit on it and get a feel for how it felt. After a few more minutes of explaining he put the helmet on me and instructed me to slowly start to ride it. I smiled and did just that. It didn't take long for me to pick it up. I went very slow at first but then gained control. I then picked up speed and eventually went as fast as Val was going the other night. I could tell Val was impressed with how fast I learned. I hoped he could hear my laughs and screams of joy as I rode around. Soon he called me back in and I came back pouting.

"Oh don't worry, we'll practice more! You did so well for your first try." Val said."

I sighed, "Ugh ok. Also, thank you! I had so much fun. Thank you."

"You're welcome sweetheart, I hope you have the time of your life." Val giggled.

Val then realized we had hours left to do what we wanted, so he offered to get me on the back of the motorcycle and we would go for a joyride. I screeched and pulled Val onto his own bike.