Chapter 25

Sorry for the delay! -Author nim

[ Chaeyoung ]

Seulgi came out from the bathroom as I placed the glasses on the living room table. "Is she still in your bedroom?" Seulgi asked and walked closer. "No...she left in a hurry. I'm not sure why" I answered, She sat down on the sofa. "I'm sure she had her reasons, like, m-maybe she forgot an appointment or something" Seulgi tried to comfort me. "Yeah maybe. Well, I will change quickly and then tell you about our date. I'll be quick" I said and went to my room to change.

I came back a few minutes after. Seulgi didn't notice me at first as she was smiling to her phone. "Bear-gi!" I yelled and ran over to poke her cheeks. "Aww adorable unnie" I laughed and sat down as Seulgi blushed and was embarrassed. "Yah! Stop!" She pouted and laid her phone on the table beside the sofa. "Sorrrry unnie" I giggled "texting your misses?" I wiggled my eyebrows. "Maybe" she tried to hide her smile.

"Sooo the date...Mina picked me up in her car and we drove to the restaurant. She looked stunning as always. Elegant, sexy and cute even. The wonderful mixture that makes Minari" I giggled at my words, normally Mina would only hear me being this cheesy. "We had grilled salmon for starters, then carbonara for first main, then tenderloin as a second main, at least we had a cheesecake. It tasted amazing, you should go there with Irene someday. But it's hella expensive, and I were gonna pay for the both of us, but Mina didn't let me. She said we should just split it, pay for each other. I really appreciated her way of thinking because that way we both get to treat the person we love...w-well I think she loves me? I don't hold it against her if she doesn't anymore or yet, I guess" I said stumbling over my words at least.

We talked some more about the date, I still kept some things to myself though. We ended up playing video games on the PlayStation in the living room. Then the girls came home. "We're back Chae!" Nayeon yelled from the door "we're in the living room!" I yelled back. "Hopefully clothed" I heard Jeongyeon say as they walked further into the house. "Don't worry, Mina left already" I said as they entered the living room, they greeted each other. "So Mina left?" Nayeon questioned "yeah, I'm not sure why. But she seemed in a hurry" I answered "she must have forgotten something, an appointment or something" Seulgi added.

"So are you staying for dinner?" Jeongyeon asked Seulgi, she looked at me and I gave a quick nod "sure!" She answered and smiled. "Great, we're ordering fried chicken and pizza soon" Jeongyeon said and left for the kitchen. "Oh yeah I forgot to ask, chae, did you get your assignment back? The one with polaroids" Seulgi reminded me, "riiiggt, they're in my room" I said and we went to my room.

I went over to my desk and picked up the stack of photos. I looked through them, I couldn't find the picture, so I looked through them again and again. "It's not here... I can't find it" I said and handed Seulgi the stack so she could look. "Woah, it really isn't here. Did you drop it somewhere?" Seulgi asked and looked around and so did I. Mina looked through it earlier. I looked at the floor, maybe she accidentally dropped it. But I couldn't find it. "Weird. I thought I got it back, but maybe ms. Lee forgot it or something. I will ask her on monday and look for it later. Let's go and decide what pizza" I said and we left my room.

The rest of the night we ate, talked with the others and had fun. When Seulgi left, I started looking for the card again but still couldn't find it.

[ Mina ]

"So do you wanna talk about it? Did something happen?" Sana asked a few minutes after she pick me up at Chaengs apartment. "I just really wanted comfy clothes, and there's an advent in call of duty" I answered. "Hmmm...what's the real reason?" She tried asking again, "that was it!" I couldn't think of a better lie, I couldn't tell the truth and be like, well I stole from Chaeyoung. I still can't believe I did, like why did I? I should call dr. Ji.

"Mina?" I turned to face Sana "yeah?". She sighed and asked "how was the dinner? Was it that really expensive place? Did you take my advice? I'm sure Chae didn't let you pay it all". I thought about the evening before and the night with barely any sleep that followed.

"Yeah, it was that one. It tasted really amazing though, definitely worth it. Thanks for the advice, once again. We did split the bill, I knew she wouldn't budge so I didn't even suggest that I could pay it all" I said. "You slept over" Sana said and smirked "it's not what you think, we just cuddled and slept" well after making love for several hours and having multiple breaks in between, before doing it again for hours. But I wouldn't ever tell her that.
___________________________________________________________________
🎉Happy new year!🎉
Soooo I know I've been sloppy with the updates, I'm sorry, I truly am. I didn't mean to make y'all wait sooo long. 2020 was a complicated year for me, I started 2020 of with happy thoughts, thinking that 2020 would be my year, the year I turn 18, the year I will focus more and my mental health so I could get through school easier, keep up with my friends still and pick up some old and healthy routines. I really thought corona wouldn't effect my life in the same way as others, I thought that my small ass country wouldn't be affected by it.
But then corona did hit my country and there was a literally panic from citizens. Before anyone was prepared, my school locked down, two months before the yearly exam. It meant online school at home, at first it was nice, hell each day went by pretty quickly, I still spoke to my friends and hung out with a limited amount (don't worry I didn't break any rules and still haven't, and please keep in mind that not all countries have the same rules). The few tests I had were hard af, especially since I have Latin and well we couldn't receive the best lessons for preparation. I passed tho. Before I realized I had summer vacation for 2 months. I started writing some more and explored my creativity again. But I felt stuck at home or more specifically my room at times. At the same I started having a fucking identity crisis, with small panic attacks. The crisis isn't over but it's easier to think about now. Suddenly the 2 months had passed, I felt like time was suddenly faster and I was stuck behind in 2019 still. Then my school started again but we would get sent home at random times. So back and fourth a lot. Which caused me so much confusion and uneasy feelings. Don't get me wrong, I like being at home, or in my room. I actually home being at home...when I'm alone. But suddenly my whole family was home 24/7. I swear I've never had as many mood swings before as I had in 2020. Which made me feel really drained. Before corona I would be together with friends at least every second weekend, which was relaxing for me since I would get a break from my family. But because of corona I had to stay at home more. I know I shouldn't complain but try living with my family and have the same mental state as me first, y'all would go crazy. Well let's jump forward to my Christmas instead. I was with some of my friends some days before Christmas, I felt amazing. It was the first time I wore a butterfly, I didn't know I would feel like I did. So for 2021 I will try exploring more, someone I asked for advice from, said that I could try a binder. But I feel scared in some way, besides it's only sometimes "they" are uncomfortable so maybe I shouldn't get ahead of myself and try to find a binder. Well Christmas was great, I got some Kpop albums and some other stuff. But I'm struggling with space for them all. So now that we're in 2021, I want 2021, to be what I had hoped 2020 would be for me. I wish y'all a happy new year! And good luck, stay healthy.
-Author nim