Chapter 23

[ Mina ]

I slowly woke up as a beam of light fell on my face. It was the sun shining through the blinds. I felt weight on my chest. Chaeyoung. I let my hand through her hair, slowly, a few times. Then I adjusted my eyes to the light. I looked around at her room, at the art, at the mess she tried to hide under her desk. The wine glasses where still on the bedside table, among the bottle. I could hear the birds singing, they sounded beautiful for once. Maybe it was because of the angel in my arms. I wouldn't question it if that was the case.

I felt Chaeyoung move a little. "Good morning" I whispered into her ear. "Good? No, it's a wonderful morning" she smiled and kissed me. "Because I'm waking up with you" she added and kissed my cheek. "Sorry about the hickeys" she traced the hickeys she made, down my body. "Well we both made them" I said and traced over the ones I made on her throat. "I'm proud of wearing something you made, the art you made with..." she stopped herself. "With?" I questioned "the art you made with love" she looked into my eyes before kissing me. "I really love the way you talk, it sounds full soul and magic" I tugged her hair behind her ears.

There was a knock on the door. "Good morning girls, I've made breakfast if you guys are up for it" Nayeon said on the other side of the door and left. "Breakfast in bed?" Chaeng asked and smiled "just my thoughts" I said and kissed her
hand before she got up from the bed.

She put on a robe and went the room. It was a plain black robe...who am I kidding? Why would she have kept the robe I gave her, after the breakup.

I wrapped the blanket around me and looked around her room again, it seemed different in day night, it felt dark still. I could see some of the paintings better now, they didn't seem happy.

I jumped a little when I hear the door open

I jumped a little when I hear the door open. She closed the door again and I turned around. "I already put jam on your bread" she smiled and sat down in her bed. She grabbed a piece of toast and opened her drawer to pull out a book. She grabbed a pen and started drawing.

"Got an idea?" I asked and I turned around again to look at her stuff. "You're in the perfect lighting" she said muffled with the toast in her mouth. I picked up a stack of Polaroids. There was one with her and Jeongyeon, her and Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Nayeon.

"Oh yeah, those are from a recent photo assignment" she said with the toast in her left hand. "They're cute, like old school cute...cool" I said and the next picture was of Somi. "You still talk with Somi?" I asked and held up the picture "once in a while we met and catch up, she's traveling a lot at the moment" she answered and put the toast in her mouth again.

"Hmm that's pretty cool, traveling" I switched to the next picture. "Dahyunie and Momo" I chuckled at the adorable picture. I was confused when I looked at the next picture it was Chaeyoung and a girl I didn't know. They looked close from the picture. The next picture was only the girl, actually she was on the next few. I put down the stack of photos again. It's probably just a friend. I walked over to her.

I took a bite of the other end of her toast as she was holding it in her mouth. I smirked at her and giggled. Because grabbing my own toast. "Yummy" I said and looked at her notebook. "Wow...that's so good, amazing actually" I said and she turned the book so I could see it better. "Just a quick stretch of someone who's stunningly beautiful" I said and kissed my cheek "ops I got jam on your cheek" she giggled and wiped it off my cheek while my eye were glued to her. I was struggling to resist the urge of kissing her.