Chapter 4

[ Mina ]

I couldn't stop thinking about what those girls said the other day... I just hope Minhyun won't get in trouble. I woke up later then normal today so I would get to his class same time as anyone else. Momo and Sana looked weird at me when I came down to eat breakfast. "Why aren't you in school?" Sana asked curious before taking a bite of her breakfast. "I was too tired to get up" I replied and found some cereal. "But you're always early, you always want to be there early to be ready for class" Momo said, it kinda just sounded like a statement.

"So what? I can't be a few minutes early like everyone else instead of showing up half an hour early" I sat down at the table "sorry Mina I didn't mean to say you couldn't" Momo sounded panicked as she said it. Probably afraid I would be mad or sad or something a then stay at home instead of going. We ate in silence before I left to get ready. I drove to school and went to the classroom.
"Good morning miss Myoui" professor Hwang greeted "good morning professor" I quickly said and sat down. I got my notepad and everything ready for the class but I couldn't focus at all. I kept thinking about what those girls said. I began tapping my leg to get my mind off it. Then I suddenly heard someone behind me "looks like professor Hwang and Mina had a fight or something, I just hate it when couples fight" the girls giggled. I didn't know what to do and suddenly I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was getting chocked.

I started feeling light headed when I suddenly saw Minhyun run up to me.
"Breathe Mina breathe" he tried to calm me down "does anyone have a bag or something she can breath into?" He asked the whole class. Someone gave one to him and he handed it to me. "Focus on your breathing. In...out...in...out" he said and I started to feel air reach my lungs "good, that's good. Can you breathe better now? Just nod" he asked and I nodded.

He sat by me and checked my breathing for a few minutes. "Okay let's get you to the nurse, do you want me to go with me?" He asked and without thinking twice I nodded, yes. Even though we walked beside each other it almost felt like he was holding me up as we walked over to the school nurse.

I sat down on a bed as soon as I entered. I was still focusing on my breathing as I heard Minhyun talk to the school nurse. Then he came over to me "hey are you feeling better?" He asked and smiled. I let out a weak yeah and he said "good, I have to go back to the class but I will check in on you after and bring your stuff. Don't worry, just try to relax" he came me a reassuring nod before leaving.

The nurse came over to me and checked on me multiple times throughout the time Minhyun was gone. If they thought I was weird before...what would they think now? "Mina?" I looked towards the call, it was Jihyo. "Jihyo unnie" I said and she came closer. "What are you doing here?" I asked surprised "better question, are you okay?" She hugged me. "Yeah I'm fine now" I answered.

"I was in class doing some math assignments in a group and suddenly they started talking about something while on their phones. They were talking about a girl freaking out in the middle of class and that it sounded like she couldn't breathe. I wasn't sure, I hoped it wasn't you. But I had to make sure" she hugged me again. "Everyone knows?" I asked worried "I would lie if I told you that only a few people knew, I don't think people know it's you though" she answered. I felt scared and so vulnerable. "I'm sorry" Jihyo said and hugged me again. "I wanna go home" I mumbled against Jihyo "I wanna go home" I said again "I wanna go home" I said louder. "I will take you home, don't worry" Jihyo responded.

Then Minhyun came over to us. "Miss Park" he greeted Jihyo and then spoke to me "Hi, I hope you're feeling better. I have your bag and stuff. I noticed that you didn't write anything in your notebook. Is it hard following along? I can slow down if I speak too fast for you, should I write more on the board?" He was worried it was his fault. "No profesor, I do follow along. I just had a lot of things on my mind. I'm sorry" I said. He hugged me and said "don't be, I understand" he raffled my hair and gave Jihyo my things.

"Come to class whenever you are ready but just rest for today, I will update you later" he smiled and left. After that Jihyo drove me home. We didn't talk much.
But that was okay, we didn't really need to talk, she understands that I didn't decided these challenges. She stayed for some time before I finally got her to go back to school. She said she would come over right after school, like as soon as she could.

I felt grateful to have a best friend her and or having a protector of a friend like Minhyun.