Chapter 6

[ Mina ]
Jihyo have been coming over everyday after school for some time now. She's more worried than she lets me know but I guess it was hard for her to see me in that bed, at the nursing room, in school. I haven't been to school for a month now but I've been doing homework and sending it to the teachers, turned in assignments and everything. I've been seeing Dr. Ji two times a week since that day and I'm starting to do better. But like it has been for the last two years, my heart still feels empty. I sat up in the bed and walked over to my closet, I took a box from the top shelve and went over to the bed again. I promised myself that I wouldn't look in it but I had to. So I did. At the top was small notes from Chaeyoung, I began to read through some. 'Hi baby, I had to go to school. I will come by after ', 'Sweetest penguin in the world! Morning my beautiful girlfriend, I've made you breakfast. I will be home after school. Love ya', 'lauv U, L.O.V.E U, love you, love you soo much', 'you're even pretty when you sleep', 'Remember to eat between games my champion'.

A tear fell on one of the notes. I wiped my tears, took all the notes and laid them down beside the box.
I looked into the box again. My diary was next. The lock had numbers... I put the date in, the date of our first kiss. The day she really became a part of my life.
I honestly didn't write much in it that's why I don't keep one anymore. I would end it with a song, with a emotion I felt overall that day. The day's I wrote about something with Chaeyoung was mostly love songs. I miss feeling that kind of love... I miss her. Tears fell down more rapidly. I put down the diary and looked into the box again. Under the diary where some drawings Chae had made for me, penguins, flowers, ketchup, game characters and such. I placed them on top of the diary.  Then there it was, her t-shirt, the one she slept in. She forgot to pack it because it was on the bed. I held it up and let the sunset shine on it.
Then I held it close into me...it smelled like her still...the sweet scent made my heart melt. I laid down, still hugging the shirt. I slowly drifted into sleep.

"Mina?" I felt someone trying to wake me up. I slowly began to wake up and saw Jihyo sit on the bed beside me. "Do you still miss her?" She asked, I sat up.
"I never stopped missing her" I answered and a tear fell. Then I realized that I was still holding the shirt. "I need some water" I handed Jihyo the shirt and walked towards the door "please put the box in it's place for me" I said and left the room.

[ Chaeyoung ]
I haven't been able to talk to Yeoreum for two days now. I tried calling and texting. I thinking about going to her house but I don't know if she's worth fighting so much for if she could drop me this easy. I was walking home from school, the girls wanted to give me a ride but I rather walk. They kept asking me why I seemed sad, on the way to school. I was listening to music when I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. I took out a headphone and stopped.

It was Yeoreum. "Can we talk?" She asked "yeah" I answered. We walked to the closet park and sat down on a bench. "I've been trying to contact you...for the past two days" I spoke first "I know and I'm sorry for not answering. My unnies gave me a long lecture on the whole sex thing and dating. If I'm being honest I.....don't know if it was too early" she said and looked down at the ground.
"I'm sorry if you felt pressured, I didn't mean-" she cut me of with a hug.
"I didn't mean that. I....you are my first girlfriend. My friends were just worried. I'm sorry I didn't reach out before now but I had to think about things" she explained. I hugged her back. "No it's okay I understand now" I said, she kissed my cheek. "Did you have any plans?" I asked and she shook her head.
"Wanna met my roommates?" I asked "sure" she answered and made a big smile.

We walked hand in hand to my apartment. Talking about school and stuff. "You live here?" She asked, I get her question, like how would three college students live in such a expensive apartment complex. Well first of all Nayeon's dad own the apartment complex so our rent is lower because he let's us pay less, plus we are three to pay the bill. "Yeah" I smiled to reassure her.

I could feel her get more nervous as we reached the door. "It's okay, they're cool. I'm sure they will like you" I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before I opened the door. "I'm home!" I yelled, they both yelled back. "I brought someone" I yelled again and started taking my shoes off. I could hear them say something, turn the tv off and rush out to the door. "Who?" Nayeon stopped her sentence as she laid her eyes on Yeoreum.