Saint Valentine's Day

Daniel POV

It had been a month since that kiss and I still haven't gotten another moment alone with Thomas. Worst of all, tomorrow is Saint Valentine's Day and I must think of what to write. What do you write to someone whom you barely know, yet love with all of your heart?

After a long, restless night, I had the card written and sent to Thomas.

The next day I found a stack of cards waiting for me in the hall. As I picked them up Mrs. Patmore walked past, " My my, that's quite a heap of letters you have there, Daniel." She paused, "Even more than Jimmy did last year."

"I doubt that." Jimmy said turning the corner to the dining area.

"I wouldn't be so sure, Daniel has quite a pile of letters there." Mrs. Hughes said as she walked out of her room and saw the cards.

The quantity of the letters held no value to me, there was only one letter that really mattered. I shuffled the stack and found Thomas's at the bottom. I knew it to be his, just by the scent of it. I opened the envelope quickly, closing the door to my room. I began to take it out and soak in each word.

My dearest Valentine,

Ever since I saw you last, I cannot shake the thought of you. Each day I remember that blizzard. Your face, your eyes, your lips. All of the details that I cherish are etched into the corners of my mind. We must meet again. See me after dinner, out the back servant entrance, tonight.

With deep regards,
The Clockmaker's son.

I swear I could feel the blush on my cheeks as I finished the letter. I am going to see Thomas tonight.

Thomas POV

I do hope that Daniel received my letter, that was the first thought in my head as I left my room for breakfast. Unfortunately, I was stopped by Mr. Carson in the hall.

"Ah Mr. Barrow, this came for you this morning in the post." He said, handing me a letter.

"Thank you Mr. Carson." I replied, genuinely thankful.

I tore open the letter as fast as I could.

Dear Valentine,

I have not known you for long, but I feel connected to the very thought of you. Each time I wake, it is you that I think of first. When sleep comes, you are my final memory. We shall see each other soon I hope.

Absolutely yours,
The Temporary Footman.

Tears of joy filled my eyes as I neared the end of the letter. Never in my life have I read something kinder.

"Thomas, hurry!" Mrs. Hughes demanded.

I rushed along without breakfast, but I didn't mind. I was full with emotion and it was satisfying.

The closer dinner came, the more anxious I grew. Not even the daily gossip could calm my nerves. The evening meal came at last. I barely ate a bite, but I did listen, regardless.

"So how was everyone's Saint Valentine's Day?" Mrs. Hughes asked.

"Daniel got a pile of cards I hear. Even more than Jimmy last year."Daisy stated.

"I don't think so, I received 4 letters this year. What about you Daniel?" He asked with a smirk.

"I don't think I should say." Daniel said modestly.

"Oh I insist." Jimmy said sarcastically.

" Excluding the ones from my aunt and my sister, 7." He said, causing Jimmy's mouth to drop.

Everyone laughed at Jimmy's reaction, even the mighty Mr. Carson. It was no surprise to all of us, Daniel was attractive and made for quite a catch for anyone.

Daniel POV

I left the dining area and make my way to the servant door. Outside, Thomas was waiting, standing against the wall.

"Cigarette?" He asked.

"No, thanks." I refused the cigarette, "I don't smoke."

All of a sudden he pulled me into an embrace that took the breath out of me.

"Thank you, Daniel." Thomas said, tearfully, laying his head on my shoulder.

"For what Thomas?" I said, enjoying the contact.

"For making my dull life bearable again." He looked deep into my eyes. "We hardly know each other's story, yet in your company I feel secure."

"As do I, Thomas." My eyes traveled once again to his pink lips. I cupped his chin in my hand and pull him into a passionate kiss. This time, Thomas deepened the kiss and squeezed my waist.

Hey Hey! YESSSSS I REALLY <3 Thomas! Season 5 tho. :'[ LOVE YOU ALL. Thank you for such wonderful comments. Sorry again for the late update. <3<3<3 (yeah the spacing is weird ik)

-MoriartysHolmie