The Double Date/ Dublin

"Jimmy. It's time to get up." I tapped my husband's shoulder, having been married for a week.

"Mmph." He groaned, rolling to his other side.

I kissed him on the cheek and his eyes drifted open.

" Good morning beautiful. " He hugged me and pulled me down. He snuggled up to me.

I kissed his nose. " Remember what you promised to do today for me?"

" No, refresh my memory Bloddie. " Jimmy said and tousled my bed head.

" Well. First you said you'd help me with planting and going to the market and then we'd go to dinner with Samuel and Katherine. " I tilted my head to kiss his forehead.

" Oh, Bloddie do we have to? Can't we just stay here? " He stroked my cheek with the back of his hand.

" No, we promised, Jimmy it will be fun I swear to you." I put my arm around his waist.

I left the bed and waited for his answer. Not two seconds later, he agreed.

" Yes. Oh thank you. Now get up, we have to bake some biscuits. " I pecked him lightly on the cheek and went to get dressed.

Ten minutes later Jimmy was dressed and ready to start baking. I had bought him some nice working clothes, in addition to the clothes he already owned. The bakery was doing good, but we decided to start running the farm. Luckily, Aunt Ailbe needed something to keep her busy now, with Danny and I gone. She ran the bakery and helped us with the money. Jimmy promised last night that we'd start planting today.

" Jimmy are you ready?" I called from the kitchen, slicing bread for his breakfast.

" Yes. " I felt a hand wrapped around my waist and kissed my shoulder.

" Here's your breakfast." I buttered the bread and headed out the door. " Hurry up. We're walking. We have to get there early."

Before I knew it, he was finished breakfast and was walking beside me. We reached the market and the vendors were just beginning to set up.

" Blodwen, I don't know a single thing about farming." Jimmy whispered.

" Just trust me." I squeezed his hand and led him to the stands. We got potatoes, corn, carrots. Of course we had the apple orchard. At this point I had to send Jimmy back to get the wheelbarrow. He didn't seem to mind but that's how he is.

"Let's go Jimmy. " We walked back to the farm, but I saw a family by the side of the road, surrounded by chicks, chickens, two cows, and a horse?! "Hold on Jimmy." I went over to the family.

"Hello." I waved.

" Hello." The woman I assumed to be the mother greeted.

" Why are all of these animals here?" I asked and gestured to the group of animals.

" Well. You see, my husband got a job in America. You see. We can't take them with. " The mother continued, "No one will buy them, there is no farmers out to buy them." She started to tear up.

I smiled. " Aye, I understand. But, Miss, I am a farmer, with my husband here. I pointed to Jimmy and he smiled.

I felt a tugging at my skirt. "Will you take care of 'em, Miss?" A small child asked.

" Of course. I grew up on a farm just like you." I said.

" Oh thank you. I'd hate to see them with some businessman." They led the animals to the farm and left as Jimmy walked through the the gate.

" Bloddy? Why are there animals here?" He pointed at the chicks and others.

"Come on Jimmy. I couldn't leave them." I pouted.